Dinner With The Avengers

"Pete, come here buddy." Tony called to his 4-year-old son from the living room, where he was sitting on the couch.

The little boy came running with his Iron Man mask on and jumped into his dad's lap. "Hi Daddy." He giggled, Tony's heart melting for the kid.

"Hey kiddo. What were you doing?" He asked as Peter squished his dad's cheeks, finding it wildly entertaining.

"I was playing Save the World." He sang, his voice sounding different through the mask.

"Can we take the mask off? I can't see your face."

"Nope, you gave me this mask and I'm keeping it on forever and ever!"

Tony chuckled. "I did, it's specially made, just for you. Of course, you could take it off so we could go to dinner with the Avengers. But if you'd rather stay home and play..."

"What mask?" Peter asked, taking it off and tossing it beside the pair on the couch. "Let's go see Uncle Bruce and Aunty Nat and Uncle Clint and Uncle Thor and Uncle Cap!"

Tony stood up, Peter in his arms. "Then let's go see them. I also might've forgot to mention, we're going to your favorite pizza place."

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Let's go, daddy!"

Tony carried his kid out to the car and buckled him into his car seat. As he began to drive, he could see Peter's excited face in the rear view mirror. He truly loved seeing the Avengers all together; he would talk about them for days after seeing them.

Soon, Tony parked, helped Peter out of his seat, and held his hand as they walked inside the pizza restaurant. The instant Peter saw the other Avengers, however, he pulled out of Tony's grasp and ran to them.

"Uncle Bruce! Aunty Nat!" He yelled, jumping into Bruce's arms and hugging him before moving on to Nat's lap and hugging her. Peter loved all the Avengers, but for some reason he always tended to favor Bruce and Natasha.

"Where's my hug?" Clint teased from beside Nat, tickling Peter.

"Up your ass!" Peter giggled.

"Peter Anthony Stark!" Tony scolded as he sat down beside Steve.

"But I learned it from him!" Pete defended himself, pointing at Clint, who feigned innocence.

"I have never said that before in my life." Clint lied, before facing Peter. "I can't believe you sold me out. That was our secret."

"Whoops." Peter shrugged as he left Nat's lap to hug Steve and Thor, and play with Thor's hammer, of course.

After a few minutes, Pete got tired of the hammer and went to Bruce and sat on his lap.

"Guess what Uncle Bruce?" He said, turning so he was face to face with him.

"What?"

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a scientist like you and my daddy during the day and I'm gonna be a superhero at night."

"You will, Huh? But when are you going to have time to sleep?"

"I don't need sleep, you silly!" Peter waved it off, everyone laughing as the pizza was brought to the table.

Peter ate while sitting on Bruce's lap the whole time. When he finished, however, he moved to Natasha and snuggled against her.

"Is somebody tired tonight?" Nat asked him, planting a kiss on the top of his head.

"No, I'm just snuggly. I wish I had a blanket." He sighed, curling more into his aunt.

"Here, use my coat." Clint said, draping it over the boy, who pulled it to his chin and got comfy under it.

Peter stayed quiet and snuggled against Nat as the adults talked about 'grown-up, superhero things.' Less than fifteen minutes later, Thor gestured towards the now-sleeping child. "It appears that the son of Stark does indeed need sleep."

Tony smiled and shook his head. "We should get going then, Pete hasn't been sleeping well lately."

"Aww, poor baby." Nat said, snuggling him closer before he left.

"Why hasn't he been sleeping?" Clint asked, his own Dad-senses kicking in.

"Not sure, some nights it's from bad dreams, other nights he's just wide-awake."

"Hmm, weird." Clint shrugged.

"Yeah, but, for now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that he's asleep at 7:30 and go home and get him in bed." He said, standing up and collecting his child from Nat's lap.

"Hey, you're still going to Chicago tomorrow for your business trip, aren't you?" Nat asked Tony as she handed Clint back his jacket.

"Yeah, you can still watch Pete, right?"

"Sure thing, I'll be there at 8."