Forgotten, Almost

Peter Stark woke up and smiled; it was his birthday and he was fifteen now. He happily got ready and got dressed in jeans and a MIT hoodie of Tony's. He then bounded down the hall to the kitchen, excited for the traditional birthday pancakes his dad made every year. Except, Tony wasn't in the kitchen and there were no pancakes, no decorations, not even a note saying "happy birthday."

"What? He didn't forget, he couldn't forget." Peter spoke softly, looking around to see if he was missing something.

Tony walked into the kitchen looking exhausted. "Morning kid, Happy's waiting to take you to school," he spoke as he made himself coffee.

Peter looked at him with furrowed brows. "Huh?"

"School? That place you go five days a week?" Tony teased.

Peter searched his dad's face for any hint that he was joking or pretending not to remember his birthday. There was none, he actually forgot. "Right, but it's Saturday."

"Oh shit, well that explains why Happy was so confused." Tony chuckled. "I have meetings today and lots of things to fix for everyone from the last mission so I'll be in my lab for awhile. You need anything before I go?"

Peter shook his head 'no,' as he turned around to go back to his room. He shut his door quietly and laid on his bed, face down in the pillows. How could his dad forget his birthday?! He has tons of technology and electronics, would it have killed him to set a reminder on one of them for birthdays?

Then another thought struck him. He picked up his phone and saw that nobody had texted or called him either to say happy birthday. Seriously? His giant superfamily forgot too? Peter knew they were busy and had got home from a mission yesterday morning but come on!

He felt tears prick his eyes before he tossed the phone back onto the nightstand. He always made sure to make other people feel special on their birthdays but everyone forgot his? That's not fair.

He laid back down on his bed and began crying, the sobs coming harder as more negative thoughts popped into his head.

They were busy. They forgot. Or maybe they didn't forget but they just don't care because I don't matter. I'm stupid to have expected anything, I'm not a child and I shouldn't expect birthday pancakes or anything. I'm so annoying and worthless.

Hours went by and Peter remained on his bed. He had cried himself to sleep after a couple hours and had stayed asleep ever since. He woke up however when he heard someone in his room.

"Uncle Loki?" He asked confused as he sat up on his bed.

"Happy birthday, Peter. I brought you that portrait of Asgard that you adored during your last visit." Loki smiled, handing the painting to the boy.

"Thanks, thank you Uncle Loki." He smiled lightly, staring at the picture in awe.

"You're quite welcome. Now share with me why there's no party and you have tear stains on your cheeks."

"It's okay, they just...everybody forgot." Peter sighed sadly with a shrug.

"Excuse me?"

"It's okay, really. They just got back from a mission so-"

"No it's not okay. They got back yesterday, plenty of time to at least say happy birthday or get a card or something!"

"Yeah, I guess. But please don't say anything to them or do anything in revenge. It's not their fault."

Loki looked at Peter and saw how desperate he looked for him to do as he asked. So he nodded. "If that's what you wish, I'll comply."

Peter sighed in relief. "Thanks."

"Would you like to continue our watching of Supernatural? I believe we left off with Sam dying and Dean sacrificing himself to save him."

Peter chuckled as he turned the tv on. "That's it, that's the whole show."

The pair sat together for hours and watched the show before Loki had to return to Asgard. Just after Loki left, Tony entered his son's room.

"Hey kiddo."

Peter forced a smile despite how his heart ached at the sight of the one person who wasn't supposed to forget such a day. "Hi dad."

"You have a good day?"

"I guess so." Peter shrugged, watching his dad notice the Asgardian portrait on the desk.

"Where did you get this?" He asked, holding it up.

"Uncle Loki gave it to me." Peter said, not wanting to have to tell his dad why.

"Oh, that was nice. I'm headed to bed, see you tomorrow, bud." Tony stifled a yawn, kissing Peter's head before leaving the room.

Peter sighed and laid down in bed, disappointed. At least Loki remembered.