Bullied to Homeschooled

Peter Stark was having a terrible day and he couldn't tell his family, no matter how much he wanted to. They'd freak out big time and probably commit several crimes. He had been beat up and bullied at school worse than ever before and now he had to sneak into the tower without being seen. That was going to be quite the challenge however, since he had a black eye, swollen nose, and a busted lip.

He stopped and bought a baseball hat on his walk home, putting it on and keeping it lowered in an attempt to cover his face. When he got to the tower, he took a deep breath before going inside. He kept his head down, his hat lowered, and walked quickly to the elevator.

When the elevator doors opened on the Stark floor, he saw not just his dad on the couch, but all of the avengers hanging out together. Why today of all days? Peter internally groaned.

"Hey, kiddo. How was school?" Tony asked from the couch, watching as Peter tried to avoid walking near the group.

"Really good." Peter spoke almost as fast as he was walking.

"Stop and get over here." Tony sighed, knowing something was up by the way his son was acting.

Peter sighed and joined the group, keeping his head down.

"Since when are you a Mets fan?" Clint wondered, gesturing towards the hat lowered on Peter's face.

"Yeah, what's with the hat? I've never seen you wear that hat before in your life. Or care about the Mets at all." Tony inquired, feeling like a detective at that point.

"I've had this old thing for years."

"Don't make me do it." Clint sighed.

"Do what?" Peter questioned before Clint moved lightning fast and knocked the hat backwards off his head. Everyone took a collective gasp, Tony standing up and approaching his son.

"What happened? Who did this to you?" Tony asked as he tried his hardest not to freak out.

"It's fine, I'm okay." Peter lied as Bruce stood up and lifted Peter's chin upwards so he could take a good look at the injuries.

"Pete, your nose looks like it's broken." Bruce spoke softly.

"I'm fine! Can I please go to my room?" Peter snapped, his voice shaking with emotion as he willed himself not to cry.

"Not until we know what's going on. Come on, kid, you know we just want to help." Tony told him, examining his son's injuries.

"Well I don't want your help! I don't want any help! Just leave me alone, please!" Peter said, tears running down his face now.

"I'm sorry, but I can't leave you alone until I know what's going on. I love you and it's my job to help you."

And with those words, Peter fell into his dad's arms and sobbed. He couldn't stand it anymore; the bullying, the beating, the snarky comments. He wanted to drop out of school. But more than anything in that moment, he wanted his dad to fix his problems.

"It's okay, kiddo." Tony spoke softly as he wrapped his arms tight around his son. He practically carried Peter to the couch and sat down with the boy on top of himself.

"I can't take it anymore! I hate school...I get beat up and bullied all the time and I'm sick of it!.....Please just fix it, Dad." Peter got out through sobs, clutching onto his dad's Black Sabbath shirt.

"Who's doing this to you, Pete?" Tony asked as everybody's hearts shattered for their Peter.

"So many people! Flash and Tyler and Matt and just everyone!"

"We have names. Clint, Bucky, come on, we have work to do." Natasha spoke, the three standing up and preparing to leave.

"I'll join. Nobody gets away with hurting our Peter." Thor spoke boldly, joining the trio.

"Stop!" Peter yelled, sitting up suddenly. "You can't hurt them or that makes you just like them and you can't be like them!"

Natasha moved to kneel in front of Peter, laying a hand on his cheek and giving him a smile. "Okay, we won't do anything to them."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Thor asked, confused about why anyone would continue to get hurt and keep quiet about it.

"I'm supposed to be strong like you guys. But I just can't handle it anymore." Peter explained, leaning back into Tony's embrace.

"You are strong, kiddo. So strong." Tony assured him quietly.

"How can we fix it, buddy? What can we do to help you?" Steve asked.

"Don't make me go back." Peter quivered, tears still streaming down his face. "Please, don't make me go back."

"Okay, you don't have to go back. Homeschool works just as well." Tony promised as Peter relaxed, visibly relieved.

"Yeah, who better to teach history than two guys who were alive for most of it?" Bucky smiled, getting Peter to smile ever so slightly.

"Yeah. I mean, frozen for a lot of it, but alive." Steve grinned with a chuckle.

"You've got a guy with seven PhD's here, too. Science is taken care of." Bruce laughed lightly.

"Dibs on math." Tony called.

"I will teach you all about Asgard and the other realms of this galaxy." Thor volunteered.

"I'll teach you Russian." Natasha promised. "We can cover English class, too."

"Consider gym class covered." Clint grinned. "I'm going to smoke your ass in dodgeball." 

Peter smiled, wiping his tears from his face. "Thanks guys. I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For what?" Steve wondered.

"Just for being too weak to stay in school and needing to be homeschooled." Peter shrugged.

"There's nothing for you to apologize for, kiddo. We love you too much to let you stay in a situation that is doing more harm than good. Besides, this homeschool thing is going to be an adventure." Tony assured him.