Sick Day

"Pete, you're gonna be late." Tony said as he walked into his fifteen year old's room, only to not see him in bed. "Peter?" He called before seeing him on his bathroom floor with his head resting on the toilet seat and his arm wrapped around his stomach.

"I don't feel so good." He groaned, barely keeping his eyes open.

"How long have you been in here? FRIDAY, why wasn't I alerted?" Tony went into dad-mode, kneeling beside his kid and resting a hand on his forehead.

"Since 4:30, I told FRIDAY not to tell you, it wasn't an emergency." Peter mumbled.

"Kid, you have a fever and you're throwing up. This classifies as an emergency in my book." Tony told him as Peter leaned into him.

"Can I stay home from school today?"

"Yes, indefinitely." Tony said, wrapping his arms around Peter. "You feel like you're going to throw up again right now?"

Peter nodded his head yes, but not moving more than he had to.

"Alright, I'm going to go grab some stuff, I'll be right back." Tony said, leaning Peter against the wall so he could get up. As Tony gathered what he wanted, Peter threw up yet again.

"Alright, I'm back." Tony said, walking back into the bathroom. "You throw up again, kiddo?"

Peter nodded, his eyes shut.

"Okay, let's set up camp." Tony decided, setting down what he'd brought in: pillows, blankets, medicine, and his computer.

The pair laid on the bathroom floor together the whole day, watching movies on the laptop and sleeping when Peter wasn't throwing up and suffering intestinal turmoil. Around 9:30 that night, Peter shifted so his head was on his dad's chest.

"You feeling any better?" Tony asked him as his arm wrapped around the boy.

"I haven't thrown up in a couple hours so that's good." He sighed.

"You don't feel quite as warm anymore." Tony said, his hand once again going to Peter's forehead. "Want to move to your bed instead of the bathroom floor? You okay to be that far from the bathroom now?"

"I think so." Peter decided, standing up shakily and falling against the sink.

"You alright there?" Tony asked with concern, grabbing onto his son's arm to stabilize him.

"Too much to drink." Peter joked, laughing at his own joke hysterically.

"Okay then. Someone's getting delirious." Tony laughed with his kid as he led him into his room and got him comfortable in bed. "You want me to stay with you?"

Peter nodded, grabbing onto his dad's arm.

"I'll stay, I'm here." Tony assured him, laying down beside his kid, who snuggled into him. "I'm not going anywhere, kiddo."