Bad Luck Birthday

Peter Stark woke up and smiled. It was his birthday today, he was 5. AND it was a Saturday so he and his dad could play the whole day.

The boy climbed out of bed, pulled his Avengers blankets back to the top in a quick attempt to make his bed, and then ran to his dad's room.

"Daddy, I'm five!" He yelled, jumping onto the bed and climbing on top of Tony.

Tony woke up and smiled, beginning to tickle his son mercilessly. "You're not allowed to be five yet! You're growing up too fast!"

Peter laughed hard as his dad continued to tickle him. "Stop, Daddy! Stop!"

Tony gave in and laid beside his son, who was catching his breath after all the laughing. "Happy birthday, Petey."

"This is gonna be the best day ever!" Peter decided.

"I have an idea."

"What?" Peter asked, sitting up and climbing onto Tony's chest.

"What if we get up and make birthday waffles together?"

Peter grinned and his eyes widened, making Tony chuckle lightly. "Yes! Can we put sprinkles in the waffles?"

"Anything for the birthday boy!" Tony said, standing up with Peter in his arms and going to the kitchen. He set Peter on the counter as he gathered the waffle ingredients and the waffle maker. And sprinkles.

"When can I open my presents?" Peter asked as his dad set everything beside him on the counter.

"After we eat breakfast." Tony said, opening the box of waffle mix. He let Peter pour everything into the bowl and mix it together.

"Can I dump it onto the waffle cooker?" Peter asked with big eyes. "I am five now, I'm a big kid."

Tony thought about it. What could go wrong? He was right there to supervise. "Yes, but you have to be very careful not to touch it inside. That's where it's super hot."

"Okay." Peter said, having stopped listening after he heard a 'yes.' Tony opened the waffle maker as Peter used a cup to scoop the batter onto the hot surface.

"I did it!" Peter said, looking away from the hot appliance to see his dad's proud face, only to burn his hand on the top part of the maker. "Ow!"

Tony grabbed Peter's hand gently and looked at it, seeing a red mark on the back of the boy's hand. "Oh, Pete."

"It hurts, Daddy." Peter said, willing himself not to cry.

"I know, I'm sorry buddy." Tony said, hugging his kid. "Let's put it under cold water to make it feel better, yeah?"

Peter nodded, a grimace on his face still as Tony turned the cold water on in the sink. After letting the cold water on his hand for a few minutes, Tony grabbed the aloe he kept in the kitchen specifically for burn purposes and rubbed some on Pete's small hand.

"Does it feel better?" Tony asked, wiping a single tear off his son's cheek.

"Yeah, you fixed it." Peter said, a small reappearing on his face.

"You know what?" Tony asked, looking at the waffle maker. "The waffle's done!"

"Yay! But you take it off, I don't want to go near that hot machine again." Peter said, scooting himself away from the waffle maker as Tony opened it up.

After the pair ate the waffles, Peter looked at the presents sitting on the counter. "Is it time?"

Tony smiled. "Yes, it's present time."