Forgotten, Almost Part 2

Loki was on Asgard trying to go to sleep. Instead, he found himself tossing and turning, thinking about poor Peter. How could everyone in that damn compound forget about him? It made Loki want to scream or worse. But he promised Peter he wouldn't do or say anything. Could he do it anyway?

After a few hours, he got up. Sorry Peter, but some promises have to be broken. He left Asgard and showed up in Tony's room, scaring him half to death.

"What the hell are you doing? It's four in the morning." Tony asked, standing up from the bed and turning on the light. 

"I'm breaking a promise to your child in order for you to fix things."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

Loki glared at him. "What is today's date?"

"I don't know, it's the middle of the night."

"Yesterday was August 10. Your son's fifteenth birthday, which you and everyone else forgot about. I promised him I wouldn't tell you or anyone else, but I can't keep that promise knowing he's crying himself to sleep and trying to convince himself it's fine. It's not fine. You fucked up. Fix it." And with that, Loki was gone.

Tony stood in disbelief. He forgot? But, he could've sworn he had at least another week until Peter's birthday. He asked Friday for the date and, sure enough, he'd missed Peter's birthday.

He walked to Peter's room and listened at the door. Loki had been right, Pete was crying and repeating "It's fine. They were just busy. It's fine." over and over again to himself.

He opened the door and walked inside, sitting on the bed beside him. "I'm so sorry, kid."

Peter quickly wiped away his tears, attempting to hide the fact he was crying. "It's fine."

"No, it's not fine. You're my son and I let myself get too busy to remember the most important day of the year. You're allowed to feel sad or mad or both, anyway you're feeling is acceptable. Just please, don't hold it in. Don't convince yourself it's fine and bury your feelings."

Peter sat up and leaned against his headboard, his knees against his chest trying to stay away from his father at the moment. "Just go away, it's fine."

"No it's not."

"I know it's not!" He snapped, taking Tony by surprise. "You forgot and so did everyone else! You have all the technology in the world and you couldn't set a reminder on something? I know you're busy all the time but can't you just stop sometimes?"

"Yes, I can stop. For the next week, whatever you want to do, we'll do it. We can go anywhere or do anything you want."

"That doesn't make it better, that's like trying to bribe your way to forgiveness."

"What can I do to earn your forgiveness and make it right?"

Peter shrugged, looking away from his dad. "I don't know. I spent my birthday feeling forgotten about and it's not something that can be made up for with a conversation."

"I'm sorry, Pete. I really am. If I could go back in time and change it I would, but I can't. I love you more than anything and I'm sorry I forgot about your birthday. I'll leave you alone if you want. Let me know what I can do to make this better. Happy birthday." He said, standing up and preparing to leave if Peter wanted him to. He was at a loss with no idea how to fix things, which was completely unlike him. It was his job to fix things, and he couldn't fix this.

Peter broke down at the words, hearing how defeated Tony sounded. He'd never heard his dad sound like that before and he knew his bad he felt. "I forgive you, don't...don't leave."

Tony sat back down and Peter lunged into his arms, crying against his shirt. "I'm not leaving, kid. I'm sorry."

Eventually, the pair cried themselves to sleep. When Peter woke up a few hours later, he saw Tony wasn't beside him anymore. "Friday, where's Dad?" He asked, rubbing his still-puffy eyes.

"He has instructed me to have you go to the kitchen when you're awake."

Peter stood up and changed into sweatpants and a hoodie before going to the kitchen. When he walked in, he was taken by surprise at the sight of his entire superfamily making pancakes with decorations everywhere.

"Happy late birthday, Pete!" They yelled as Tony wrapped an arm around his son's shoulders.

"We know we forgot, and we feel awful. So today we're going to celebrate and tomorrow we are leaving for DisneyLand for a week. We love you, kid." Tony told him, kissing the top of his head.

Peter smiled, feeling no more anger towards his family. He knew they all truly felt bad and, really, they were all here for him now. What did it matter what day it was? They were together now and that's all that mattered.  "I love you guys and I forgive you." 

I don't like how this turned out because I didn't originally plan a part 2, but I hope you guys don't hate it as much as I do!