Mothers' Day

Tony x Pepper with toddler Peter

"Okay, we need to get flowers for Mommy. Should we go pick some outside?" Tony asked two-year-old Peter at 6:30 in the morning as he changed his diaper.

"Flowers for Mommy." Peter repeated as Tony picked him up and carried him outside.

"Alright, buddy. Pick the flowers like this so we can take them to Mommy." Tony said, setting Peter down on the cool grass as he showed him how to pull the flowers from the ground.

Peter copied the action, picking handfuls of dandelions from the yard. "All done." He said, holding up two handfuls of semi-smashed dandelions.

"Let's go put them in water and take them to Mommy." Tony said, leading the boy back inside. After putting the flowers in a glass of water, Tony quickly dressed Peter in a cute outfit that Pepper loved.

"Okay, now carry these in to Mommy and say 'Happy Mothers' Day

"Okay, now carry these in to Mommy and say 'Happy Mothers' Day.' Got it?" Tony directed, handing Peter the glass of flowers.

"Happy Mother's Day." Peter smiled, taking the flowers with both hands.

"Perfect, just like that. Go ahead." He said, opening the bedroom door to let Peter inside.

Peter toddled to the side of the bed his mom was sleeping on and held the flowers up to her face before yelling, "Happy Mother's Day!"

Pepper jumped slightly as she opened her eyes and saw her boy, dressed to impress and holding a glass of dandelions in her face. "Peter, these are gorgeous! Thank you so much, baby!" She said, taking the glass from him and setting it on her nightstand.

"I pick flowers." Peter told her as she helped him up onto the bed.

"You did such a great job. I love my flowers!" She told him as Tony joined the pair with a plate full of toaster waffles.

"Happy Mother's Day. I made Peter's favorite breakfast because I forgot to plan ahead." He said, sitting on the bed with his wife and son.

Pepper laughed. "I love toaster waffles."

"Me too!" Peter announced, making the couple laugh.

Together, the three sat in bed and ate toaster waffles and enjoyed each other's company. When they finished, Tony left the room with Peter and they came back a moment later with presents.

"Peter picked out your presents, but he hasn't paid me back yet so they're technically from me." Tony teased as he picked Peter up and set him on the bed.

Pepper rolled her eyes with a chuckle before Peter set one of the presents on her lap. "Mommy open!"

"Yeah, Mommy. Open it!" Tony teased, making Pepper laugh. She opened the present and saw a toy firetruck.

"Oh this is just what I wanted! Did you pick this out, Peter?" Pepper spoke with excitement in her voice that made Peter smile at his choosing.

"Yes I did. It's Mommy's firetruck." He spoke matter-of-factly. "Open this one." He said, handing her the other one.

Pepper opened the other one and was faced with a small stuffed animal monkey. "This is amazing, Petey! You're the best at picking out gifts!"

"His name Kevin." Peter said, holding up the monkey.

"Kevin the monkey is a fantastic present. Thank you, sweetheart." Pepper said, kissing Peter's forehead and receiving a sloppy kiss on the cheek in return.

"This one, I picked out but Peter approved." Tony said, pulling out a small box and handing it to her.

Pepper opened it up and saw a diamond necklace. A smile crossed her face when she looked at it. "Thank you, both of you. I love all of my presents."

"We have a busy day planned of relaxing, playing with Pete, and watching movies so get ready, baby. This Mother's Day is about to blow your socks off." Tony told her, giving her a kiss as Peter played with Pepper's gifts. It wasn't much, but Tony knew that Pepper wanted more free days like this one to spend time with him and Peter and be away from the office.

"That sounds like the best Mother's Day ever." She smiled, enjoying the beautiful moment as she cuddled with Tony and watched Peter play in front of them.