Chapter 36: Bud

ϟ Grey ϟ

ϟ Grey ϟ

"Look what I got mother trucker!" Azalea waltzes into the room, a smile on her face. She lifts up my high school yearbook.

"Shit," I grumble under my breath, running my hand through my hair she was previously messing with. Bear trots after her and I feel attacked.

She raises the blue and red yearbook like it's some sort of sacred shit.

She plops down next to me.

"I was in seventh grade when you graduated you old fart," she pats my thigh and I narrow my eyes at her.

Then she wiggles beside me excitedly.

"I can't wait to see lil' baby Grey," she smiles, opening the book.

"Oh, who's this beautiful man?" she wonders aloud and I scowl knowing it's not me that early in the book. I look over and spot the principal back when I was there.

The seventy-four-year-old principle.

I lean back and relax, watching her emerald green eyes travel over each and every page.

I thought she just wanted to see me but whatever, I guess that's fine. Not jealous. 

"You were a senior in this, right?" she looks over at me and I give her a nod. Around a minute passes and then she lets out a gasp.

She leans her head down on my shoulder looking at my picture.

"I can't get over how cute you were," her voice remains soft. I frown.

"Were? Still fucking am," I grumble. She tells me that shit every day. I guess I have to come to accept it.

She laughs as I glance at the old picture. I was skinnier then. Not exactly like a stick but I needed a damn cheeseburger.

"Yes you still are," she speaks in her baby voice. The same voice she talks to Bear with. She leans into me and presses her soft lips against my cheek.

On the damn cheek.

"Really?" I grumble and she huffs.

"On the cheek, really?" She makes her voice deeper, mocking me.

She closes the book suddenly.

Am I about to get lucky?

I smirk watching her as she starts to get up. I widen my legs a bit for her to come sit right on me.