The Secret Gets Out

Arabella's POV

I was certainly sitting on the couch playing with my 3DS while my dad was rewatching his interview with the news. He was upset he couldn't find the Phone Shark and it bothered him....like a lot.

The elevator doors open and I saw a nervous Henry. I smiled at him setting down my 3DS and waved.

"Hi Henry."

He waved at me. "Hey Bella." He clears his thought. "Ray?"

I stand up and my dad looked at him while slurping a noddle.

"Henry." Ray says. "I didn't know you were working today. Did Bella or I butt beep you?"

"Mines in my room so it must've been you." I tell my dad and he rose an eyebrow in confusion.

"No." Henry denies. "Can I talk to you both about something?"

"Babies come from the bay store and Bella is not interested!" Ray answered, covering his ears.

"What?!" I exclaim. "Never happening, Henry."

"It's not about that and I don't wanna date Bella. No offense." Henry looks at me sheepishly and I shrug.

"None taken." I reply. "What's up?"

My dad seemed relived about Henry not wanting to date me.

"You know my friend, Charlotte." Henry begins and I smirk.

"Yeah." Ray says.

"Yeah, she seems cool." I add.

"Yeah, well, she's like, really smart." Henry continues and I stare at him with confusion. "And she...kind of figured out..."

"Figured out what?" My dad asks, not looking at Henry.

"That...I'm Kid Danger."

My dad and I looked at Henry in shock an I dropped my 3DS.

Oh no. My 3DS may of broke and Henry may get fired.

Henry fake laughed. "Isn't that kooky?"

"Definitely." I reply with a fake grin.

"Yeah! What did you tell her?" My dad asks and I could see the anger in his eyes behind his smile.

"That I am...Kid Danger." Henry admits and I bit my lip.

"Oooooooo." My dad nods. "Interesting."

"You're not mad, right?" Henry asks.

"Mad? No." My dad laughs and Henry seemed relieved.

"Cool."

That's a lie.

"You're fired." My dad concludes before standing up and walking away.

"Dad. Now wait." I stop him, standing up.

"Fired?" Henry asks with shock and disbelief.

"That's right. You can leave your watch on the table there." My dad suggests and I gap at him.

"Dad, please." I beg.

"But, I swear I didn't want to tell her!" Henry pleads. "She figured it out!"

"Henry...you took an oath." My dad says and Henry looks down, sorrowfully.

"I know, but..." Henry sighs.

"You promised me and my daughter you wouldn't tell anyone." My dad tells him. "And I trusted you to keep that promise. When trust is broken. it can never be fixed."