Kid Grounded

Arabella's POV

My dad and I were sitting on the couch together. He waas reading a book, which is weird because he dislikes reading, and I was just playing on my 3DS. Charlotte was gonna come over today, but she's sick and couldn't leave her house.

"Hey, Ray, Bella." Schwoz greeted us and we turned to him. He had a yellow flower in his hands and sets it on the back of the couch. "Sniff this flower."

"All right." We agreed and leaned over to sniff it.

"Mmm." I smile and my dad smiled too. "Smells nice."

"What is that, a daffodil?"

Suddenly, the flower exploded in our faces and got smoke and ash all over our faces. We stood up with surprise and Schwoz was laughing.

"Dang daggit, Schwoz!" My dad snarled.

"My new shirt!" I complain and glare Schwoz. "You're buying me a new one."

"You got problems!" My dad snapped at laughing prankster. We sit down and I brush the ashes out of my hair and off my face. Schwoz was still laughing and my dad looks at him.

"You're a sick person."

I heard ringing and I saw Henry calling on the hologram communicator.

"That's Henry." I say and stand up. "He wants to hologram chat."

"I'll take it." My dad gets up and answers the call. "Hey, Henry, what's up?"

"Bad news, I can't come to work for the next two weeks." Henry informed us.

"Okay." My dad nodded.

"I'm really sorry, but I got grounded and my parents are only letting me go to school. That's it." Henry explained.

"I volunteer to fill in as your sidekick!" Schwoz suggested with excitement.

"No." My dad denied.

"Come on! We could be Captain Man and Schwozzam!" Schwoz pleaded.

"Gross." My dad cringes and Schwoz complains.

"Doh!"

My dad rubs his head and returns to Henry. "I'm sorry, kid, what were we talking about?"

"I was telling you that I'm grounded so I can't be your sidekick for two whole weeks." Henry explained to him.

"Oh, yeah. Bummer. I had an important job for you today." My dad shrugged.

"What?" Henry asked with a smile.

"There's this new barbecue place downtown." My dad answered. "I was going to get you to pick me up a slab of ribs."

"I'll order some ribs and have them delivered." I offered for my dad.

"Cool." My dad said. "Later, Henry."

"But... who's going to help you fight crime while I'm grounded?" Henry objected.

"I can handle things." My dad assured him

I was ordering the ribs and looked at my dad. "You want beef ribs or pork?"