Captain Jerk

Arabella's POV

"Ooh, here's a good one!" Schwoz smiles at his tablet.

Here's the situation that's going down. My dad was filmed destroying two kids lemonade stand with a mailbox and everyone in Swellview thinks he purposely destroyed it, which is not the case. He saw a dangerous spider and tried to kill it with a mailbox, but no one knows this and it's turned into one huge misconception. Now everyone hates my dad.

"Read it." My dad rolled his eyes.

"Captain Man, the only difference between you and a box of poop is the box." Schwoz read and I snickered.

"Don't snicker." My dad snapped and I became silent. The elevator doors opened and Henry and Charlotte walked in.

"We're here! Did you guys see the news?" Henry asked us.

"Yea, we saw the news. Everyone hates me now". My dad bitterly replied.

"Well, why'd you smash those kid's lemonade stand?" Charlotte asks my dad.

"A dollar a cup's that not much." Henry reasoned.

"I didn't smash the lemonade because of the price." My dad objected.

"Then why'd you do it?" Henry asked.

"Because when the little girl said 'one dollar', I noticed a spider on the lemonade stand. A red jabber!" My dad explained, making hands like a spider.

"A red jabber?!" Henry asked.

"Those are deadly." Charlotte mentioned.

"I know!" My dad said. "That's why I smashed it
before it could hurt those kids!"

"Oh." Henry and Charlotte say and Gooch, Schwoz, and I nod.

Schwoz stood up. "Well, then I say, who cares?"

"Apparently all of Swellview cares." I mumble, earning a glare from my dad.

"So, what if everybody hates you know." Schwoz shrugged, ignoring my comment.

"I'm a superhero! I don't want to be hated by everybody!" My dad protested.

"Well, you are." Schwoz said and my dad groaned.

"Dah! What am I going to do?!"

"Why don't you just make a video apologizing?" I suggested, standing up from the couch.

"Yeah. That's good." Henry agreed and Charlotte nodded. "The public loves it when famous people beg for forgiveness."

"No. No!" My dad disagreed, stubbornly. "I did nothing wrong! I don't care what people think of me!"

——

"I'm Captain Man, and I care very much what you, the people, think of me."

——

"So, most of you have seen the viral video of me in which I used a mailbox to demolish a lemonade stand run by two small children. Since then, I've read many of your comments, very hurtful comments, some suggesting that I should do things to myself, some which are physically impossible. But that video didn't tell the real story, I spotted a dangerous spider, and used the mailbox to beat the spider to death. That's the truth. And if any of you were upset by the video, I am truly sorry."

The video ended and my dad slapped the monitor and smiled at us.

"Huh?!"