Green Fingers

Arabella's POV

I woke up today and I felt like I got hit by a bus. I have a bad cough, my throat hurts, my nose is stuffy, I'm tired and weak, I can't breathe too well, and I have the worst headache. I don't know what happened to me, but I'm incredibly sick and somehow Charlotte is as well. We both have the same illness and it's concerning. I hope Henry's okay.

Jasper was helping my dad paint a sculpture of himself, while Charlotte was researching criminals and I was just sitting down, blowing my nose out.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's nice. Look at me." My dad smiled at himself and continued painting. The elevator doors opened and Henry walked out, coughing.

Oh no.

"Hey, everybody." He greeted and I groaned.

"Hey."

"Hi, Henry." Charlotte greeted and I sneezed into my arm.

"No sneezing." My dad ordered and I glared at him.

"Are you sick too?" Henry asked me and I nodded.

"So is, Char." I gestured over to Charlotte and her giant pile of tissues.

"No, I'm just collecting a giant pile of dirty tissues!" Charlotte remarked, sarcastically.

"That's gross." Henry states and I walked up to them.

"So, you're sick?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah."

I didn't responded and just hugged his torso. "This means I won't infect you when we cuddle."

Henry chuckled, coughing a little and hugged me back.

The sprocket opened and Schwoz walked out with a tray of something. "Hey, everybody."

We all greeted him as he walked over to us.

"Since it's Saturday morning, look what I brought." Schwoz said and presented the tray. "Cupcakes."

"Oh!" I gasped.

"Sweet."

Henry coughed and I pulled away from him to sneeze.

"Bella, I said no sneezing." My dad said and I growled at him, making him lean back.

"Hey, Henry, grab me one, would ya?" Jasper asked him.

"Yeah, sure." Henry said and reached for the cupcakes, but Schwoz yelled in fear and threw the cupcakes away.

I yelled in fear, slipping to the floor as Charlotte spat out her coffee and my dad messed up his sculpture. I looked at Schwoz, who was covering his mouth and nose from Henry.

"Dang it, Schwoz!" My dad exclaimed.

"Ahh, the cupcakes." Jasper complained before Schwoz sprinted for the back door.

He paused and turned to us. "Everything's fine." He opened the door and rushed inside.

"What's going on with him?" My dad asked and I pulled my knees to my chest.

"I don't know." Henry said. "He's acting kind of-" Henry began to cough and I joined in along with Charlotte.

My dad groaned. "Am I gonna have to listen to that all day?"

I let out a small sneeze and Charlotte blew her nose.

Henry put out his hand for me, but I slapped it away and laid down on the floor.