AAO | Women | 6

__________________________

Women
__________________________

"Fine, you don't have to trust me with your past if you don't want too. After all, we don't know each other really, so I get it. Just remember this, I'm very much not who you might think I am."
- Layton Iman Westbrook
__________________________

Friday | January 18th

"Wassup bro, what you doing here?" Don spoke out as he took notice of his friend BG walking inside of his office. Quickly, he stood up from out of his seat and then made his way around the desk to greet him with their old handshake that they'd created as kids. The two of them still remembered it like it had just been yesterday, on the block again like old times.

"I killed Rick," BG blurted out quickly, ignoring the question Don had just thrown his way. He felt that it might as well be out in the open now. Donald was a friend of his in who he trusted, but then he was also the man that represented him in the court of law and who would fight for him if anything went wrong.

Those words had definitely caught Don off guard as he gave BG a look of astonishment. He didn't even know what to say after that as he was filled with the mixed feeling. Rick had once been a friend of his, it was surprising to hear that he was gone at the hands of another man he called brother. It wasn't any hard feelings over the situation, but still it was shocking.

"Are you fucking kidding me BG?" Don had to ask.

"Does it look like I'm jokin' Don? I did it. Man, he was gunnin' for my head. I had to get to him first or else we wouldn't even be having this conversation." Benji spoke to his friend Donald, confiding in him a  secret that could just as well have him put inside of a prison cell serving a life sentence or death row.

At the shocking news, Don released a deep sigh and
went to reclaim the seat at his desk again. He had so many questions in his head that he wanted to ask. It was so much he wanted to know, but Don wanted to be sure that he was making all of the right decisions as to what to do next and how fast he should act. He hated that it had to be Benji here, putting him in yet another predicament to defend him under a lifestyle he didn't approve of. Despite that, as his friend Don would do everything in his power to help him.

"Where is the body?" Don questioned, gathering all of the details to what exactly had happened and the way it was handled. He didn't want anything to get linked back to Benji or else it could be trickier.

"It's taken care of man. Besides, ion' wanna tell you any more than I have too. You got a good head Don, I ain't gone be the one to fuck that up by pulling yo ass into all of my bullshit. Aight?" Benji voiced. As a lawyer, he knew Don needed to know everything in order to protect him. As a friend though, he knew Don had a good head on his shoulders, a family and he wasn't gone be the one to make that fall apart.

"But," Don started, but was soon cut off by BG.

"Nope." Benji shook his head. There wasn't a but in the mix on this one, or at least BG didn't want there to be one. Don knew him all too well and hit his ass with that 'really nigga' look that broke him. "Aight, damn. Nobody should ask, but if anybody ask I was here all night." Benji finished and Don smirked as a way to say that he knew there was a catch to it.

"Yeah man, I got you this time. Don't make this shit a regular thing though BG. I got a family to think of and I can't let any of this illegal shit bring me down and possibly bite me in the ass. I'm telling you, you need to leave that street shit alone." Don preached, but the wise words were going unheard by Benji.