AAO | Butterflies | 13

__________________________

Butterflies
__________________________

"You're making this very hard for me. I know you don't like these serious conversations, but I do. I just don't know. Despite that smart ass mouth and attitude of yours, you're everything. I promised it to myself I wouldn't fall for you, but when I'm around you I just wanna risk it all."
- Layton Iman Westbrook
__________________________

Wednesday | March 27th

The next morning had come along, and Benji found himself quietly creeping into the hotel room with all efforts not to wake Layton. It was a little after eight, and he was extremely tired from a sleepless night. It was spent simply watching Layton peacefully sleep. After all the things she'd dropped on him yesterday, it was nearly impossible for him to get any sleep, so he'd left early this morning to handle business as he saw fit. Now that he was back, he just wanted to get in the shower and then in bed for the rest of the day.

Once he'd managed to get the door closed without a loud noise, Benji made his way further inside of the hotel room with his car keys still in his hand. He sat them down quietly on the dresser, not taking his eye off of her in the process. It wasn't that he was trying to sneak around, but some things were better unsaid and unspoken about. As he sat the bag of food at the table, he cursed under her breath as she began to stir in her sleep until she eventually opened her eyes.

"Morning," she mumbled aloud as she rubbed at her eyes while looking around aimlessly adjusting to all of the sunlight that poured through the window. Her voice came out low as she continued. "What time is it?" She asked as she sat up against the headboard.

"Eight," he responded briefly. Benji took the bag of food over to the table before he sat down in front of it. Quickly, he pulled out a box of 12 nuggets, and a
container of waffle fries to complete his meal. He'd gotten her some breakfast, but he wasn't much of a fan. Benji was a very picky person when it came to most things in his life. Food, women, and energy.

"In the morning?" She asked carefully, trying to see where yesterday had gone and how she had slept all day and all night like she had done on yesterday.

"Yea," he voiced as he began to indulge in his food.
Layton sat there for a moment as she took what was said, before she hopped up from the so bed quickly.

"Why didn't you wake me?" She said frantically as she searched around the room for her shoes. He was confused as he watched her move quickly like she'd now been in a rush to head out all of a sudden. He'd not woken her up because he figured she needed the rest, not for her to be so upset about him doing so.

"Was I s'pose too?" He asked with a frown from a bit of confusion. He must've missed that memo.

"I have to go," Layton said as she finished dressing. Her eyes wandered around the room until she asked him instead, "Have you seen my phone anywhere?"
Benji simply nodded towards the dresser next to his keys where her phone was. She grabbed it and then headed towards the door, but he quickly called her.

"Where you goin' Layton?" He spoke to her.

"I have to go home Benji. It was nice being here to escape my problems, but I know Chance is looking for me. I have to face my problems, I can't hide out here forever." She explained to him. Despite all the fear she had of Chance, she felt she had to face him and take legal action if necessary. Layton was tired. It was about time she didn't run away and faced it.