AAO | TruthLies | 20

__________________________

Truth Lies
__________________________

"No, don't tell me to chill. You chill. You keep on saying what it ain't, but you ain't telling me what it is. So don't blame me for making assumptions."
- Layton Iman Westbrook
__________________________

Monday | June 24th

It was a little after eight on this bright Summer day, when Benji found himself standing in the bathroom mirror. He stood over the sink, brushing the hairs of his goatee. It was early, but was up and dressed. His mind was filled with so many things that required a certain level of thought from him. From Layton and Maleah on down to the possibility of his baby. Benji was stressed from his thoughts, hopefully it'd be all worked out soon. He could only hope and pray.

He tapped on his phone to display the time. After he was aware, he stuffed his phone in the pocket of his sweatpants and headed back into the bedroom in an attempt not to wake up Layton on his way outside.

"What are you doing up so early?" Layton asked, as she stirred on her side of the bed. He hadn't planned on waking her before he left, so it through a wrench in his plans for her to have woken up before he left. Not that he was sneaking, but still he hadn't wanted her to be up due to the questions he knew she'd ask.

"I'll be back." Benji responded briefly as he stuffed his two pockets full of money, his keys, iPhone, and his gun. He was already running behind schedule so he didn't have time to elaborate with her. Besides, it was best if he was brief and that he didn't say much to alarm her early, since he planned to tell her later.

Layton knitted her eyebrows together, as she sat up further in the bed. "Where are you going?" She had asked, while watching him as he sprayed on one of his cologne. It was around eight in the morning and he was up and dressed in grey Nike sweat pants, his white Air-Force One's, and a plain white t-shirt. His attire was laidback, and it had her mind wondering.

"I'll be back." He reiterated, letting her know that it wasn't any of her business, for now. Benji went over to her side of the bed. He hovered over her body, as he placed a single kiss right on her lips. Layton was still wearing a look of confusion, mixed with that of disappointment. He noticed, but didn't speak on it.

"Fine." She responded briefly, unsatisfied from that response .. or the lack of. Layton had decided not to let anything deplete her mood this morning, so with that she decided against attitude. "I'll see you later."

"What you got planned for today?" He questioned.

"Well, I have to work from ten to six. After that I'm probably going home. Why?" Layton asked him as she wore that look of confusion on her face. Layton had planned to go back to her house and look for a better paying job. She loved the staff where she was working, but she needed a higher pay to stack up.

"What you mean you goin home?" He furrowed his eyebrows together, while staring at her expectedly. He was taken aback by her sudden response of her not coming back to his place after work later on.

"Just what I said." She retorted, adding sarcasm into her voice. Benji wasn't a fan of it on her, because it was always him as the one being the sarcastic one.

"Aight smart ass. Why?" Benji inquired.

"Because, I want too." She shrugged carelessly the moment he finished. BG caught onto the little rude attitude that she had, but he wasn't about to trip. If she wanted to have an attitude this early, that was a problem she'd have to handle within herself first.