AAO | BrokenLove | 29

__________________________

Broken Love
__________________________

"Get her the fuck outta' here. That bitch ain't mine."
- Lady Ilene Westbrooks
__________________________

Friday | August 9th

It was a typical Friday afternoon for Layton, as it was a work day and she'd found herself behind the register at Foot Locker. She had finalized her transaction, then looked up from the counter to find a pregnant Maleah. Layton's mood had tanked instantly at the sight of her, despite the fact that she'd tried to hide it. As they both stood staring over the counter at one another, Layton's mind was preparing itself for all of the bullshit always brought whenever Maleah was around. Quite frankly, Layton wasn't even in the mood to deal with Maleah's antagonizing ways. After all it was a part of the reason she'd left the man she'd loved .. so to hell with her.

"Hey Layton," Maleah spoke casually, with smile. She stood staring across the counter at Layton, expecting a response. Layton gave her a weird look, obviously not at all impressed by the odd smile and casual tone from Maleah. Layton wasn't here for no bullshit, especially when it put the way she made her living in jeopardy.

Layton sighed before talking. "Listen Maleah, I don't know what you want or why you're here, but if it's to start something then my job isn't the place. Besides, it is over between u-," Layton had began to let Maleah's delusional ass know to leave her out of any bullshit, as her and Benji were no longer together. Maleah had cut her off though before she was even able to finish.

Maleah continued to wear her smile. "Layton, relax. It is nothing like that, I'm not here to start anything with you. I promise. I'm just here as a customer, that's all." She finished as she held the white infant Air Forces up in her hand. It was too bad that Layton still didn't buy it. Layton lifted her eyebrow skeptically giving her the bitch, I know that's a lie look, that said everything that she'd intended. "Okay, fine. I actually came to try and talk to you, and to buy shoes." She finally gave it up.

Layton's frown was still present. "What do would we possibly have to talk about other than these shoes?" It was nothing she had to say to Maleah that hadn't been said, just as there wasn't anything Maleah could say to her that she honestly cared to even listen too. So all in all, any conversation between them was unnecessary.

Maleah sighed. "Layton please, it'll only be a minute. I just have some thing I want to get off my chest," she said, now wearing a desperate look on her face. It was hard to tell if Maleah was really being genuine. With a sigh, Layton decided to listen to what she'd had to say to her. Hopefully it wouldn't be the same bullshit from all the other times about a nigga that had made it clear who he wanted to be with and didn't want to be with.