AAO | CodeBlue | 23

__________________________

CodeBlue
__________________________

"Ima' bury that nigga and that's on everything I love." - Benjiman Cartier Gotti
__________________________

Monday | July 1st

"Layton!" Erin called to her friend who sat sleeping in a hospital chair. Layton stirred in her sleep before finally looking up to see Erin standing over her. She quickly wiped her faced and sat upright in the chair, faced with her old friend dressed in her work outfit, holding a white plastic bag and to go cup of coffee.

"Hey," Layton said in a groggy tone, while her eyes adjusted to the bright lights of the hospital. Erin had brought her breakfast along with a large coffee from the diner. It was just a thoughtful gesture to check if Layton was doing okay, and to see how Benji was.

"Hey, I was on break so I decided to bring you food and coffee. I got your favorite bacon omelette, with a side of grits and a large coffee .. three creams and four sugars on the side." Erin said, kindly holding it out for Layton to take. It was nice of Erin to bring it for her, but Lay still had an iffy feeling about her.

"Thanks. I don't even have an appetite for food, but I'll definitely take the coffee." Layton voiced with a smile, as she took the coffee from Erin. She popped open the cap to the hot coffee and started putting in her condiments to make it taste to her liking. She'd been one of those people that liked a little coffee in her creamer and not the other way around either.

"No problem. I have to get back to work, but call if you need me. I actually want to talk to you once all of this is over." Erin said with a weak smile. Layton could only nod as the two had exchanged goodbyes. It was around eight in the morning now, and there'd been only Layton, Meg, Maleah, Don, and Jerome.

"GoodMorning, have you heard anything yet?" Lay called over to Don. He quickly turned towards her, but had shook his head at her as a response too.

"GoodMorning. Nah, they ain't said much just yet." He finished and Layton nodded her head. She took a few sips from her hot coffee and soon the doctors had come around to give them an update on Benji.

"GoodMorning, family of Benjiman Gotti correct?" The doctor asked them for confirmation. Don spoke up to confirm before he then continued. "Mr.Gotti's health has improved tremendously overnight and he is doing quite well. He is taking in the blood well as we owe a big thanks to dad and he's breathing fully on his own. We still do have to go back in to repair a few damages to aid in his recovery, which we plan to do so later today. He has performed wonderfully,
seems he passed all of our test, so if all goes well in surgery today he looks like it'll be a full recovery." The doctor said and Layton smiled big in relief.

"Thanks Doc. Is he awake yet?" Don asked next.

"Most certainly. He's awake and more than ready to get the 'bad word' out of here." The doctor laughed. It caused them all to smile, if he was cursing as that doctor described, he was definitely not at his worse. "In the mean time, you all can begin to visit him. It is policy and unfortunately since we are still closely monitoring him in the ICU room after surgery; only one visitor is allowed at a time. So whomever wants to go first just walk up to the double doors and buzz in with your name and his last name, then they'll let you in. He's in room 412." The doctor explained.