Chapter 6: A Shadow

(Melissa's POV)

It was hard for me to sleep. I kept tossing and turning as I thought about my little brother. I just hope he doesn't stress too much about me being gone. I start to dream but it was actually a flashback.

~~Flashback~~

I was eating my lunch. It was a Saturday and Aaron is now on spring break. He's in kindergarten right now and I'm in the second grade. I heard the doorbell ring.

I stopped eating my soup and I get up from the table. I quickly hide my ears and tail before I could go to the door. I heard the doorbell ring again.

"I'm on my way!" My mother called out.

She had her ears and tail hidden too. She then opened the door. A Meif'wa lady was at the door and she had dark blue hair and light blue eyes. She was wearing a white shirt with black pants and blue shoes.

"Ms. Rivera." My mother said.

"Ms. Lycan." Said Ms. Rivera.

Oh yeah! That's right. Aaron's playmate is coming over today.

"I'm here to drop off my daughter Keori. Your son wanted to invite her over." Ms. Rivera said.

"Okay." My mother replied.

A smaller Meif'wa comes into the room. She had white hair with light blue highlights and light blue eyes. She was wearing a light blue long sleeved shirt and she had dark blue pants on and was wearing black shoes.

"Keori, I want you to be on your best behavior." Said Ms. Rivera.

"Okay mom." Said Keori.

~~Flashback Ends~~

I slowly wake up from my sleep. I think I just dreamt about an old friend of Aaron's.

"A dream..?" I questioned myself as my eyes opened up.

I slowly sit up from my sleeping bag and look outside the window. The glimmering stars creeping into my window was making me want to look out the window.

I get up from my sleeping bag and I look outside to see the stars. The moon was beautiful. So elegant and white. I smiled at the moon.

Then, something caught my eye. I saw a man. His back was turned and he was looking up at the sky.

"What? Who's that?" I asked myself.

My ears and tail twitched for a second and I squinted a little to get a closer look at the man's appearance.

He wore armor that looked way to similar to Laurence's armor. Except it was black and silver. His cape was sliver too and it looked like Laurence's cape. Except it wasn't green. His skin was very, very pale. His hair was silver as well.

My eyes widened. That isn't Laurence!

The man turned around and made eye contact with me. His scleras were black instead of white and his retinas were pink. Plus his pupils were white and not black.

My eyes widened due to the fact that this creepy shadow Laurence is staring directly at me. He smirked at me, and not in a good way.

My eyes widened and my chest began to hurt. The pain made me pass out.

~~Time Skip~~

I open my eyes to find myself on the floor. I'm guessing the pain must've stopped after I passed out on the floor earlier.

"Ow..." I said to myself.

As I got up, I turned around to see Maira, Lucinda, and Dottie in their clothes and they were looking at me concerned.

"What?" I asked.

"We found you on the floor like this." Maria said.

"Yeah." Dottie added.

"Sorry. I saw something last night. It's difficult to explain." I said.

"It's alright Melissa. I want you to get changed. We're heading to the village today and Aphmau and Tommy are coming along." Said Lucinda.

"Okay." I replied.

As the others left the room, I began to change out of my pjs and into my clothes. Wherever we're going today, I just hope things will go well.