Chapter 8: Polly And Laila

(Maria's POV)

We just arrived at this huge house. I hope that whoever works at this place may have some answers about the multiverse. Aphmau then opened the door and she walked into the house. Me, Melissa, Dottie, and Lucinda follow her. Aphmau then stopped and called out.

"Hello? Anyone here?" Aphmau asked.

A woman walked downstairs. She had blonde hair and pink eyes and she was wearing a pink shirt with a dark blue skirt and red sandals. She was also wearing a white lab coat.

"Uh... Polly?" Aphmau asked.

Polly? Is that this woman's name? Such a neat name for a lady like her.

"Aphmau? Ugh! Of course it's you. Who the heck else would come barging into someone's place without knocking? I swear, you haven't changed in the past few year—" Polly says.

Aphmau hugs Polly. Then they stop hugging.

"Polly! It's so great to see you!" Aphmau exclaimed.

"Y-y-yeah. So... great to see you too. I guess." Said Polly.

Aphmau raises an eyebrow.

"Is this place yours?" Aphmau asked.

"Well, since you're already here, I might as well tell you. Yes, it's mine and Laila's new lab." Polly explained.

Laila? Who's Laila?

"We've been moving around from place to place. Trying to avoid some people." Polly said.

"Laila's here too?" Aphmau asked.

"Yeah, she's graduated from intern to assistant." Said Polly.

Polly then looks upstairs.

"Laila! Look who's here!" Polly yelled.

A woman with rainbow hair, blue teal eyes, a pink, purple, and light blue striped shirt, jean shorts, and white boots came downstairs and looked at us. That must be Laila.

"Oh! It's Aphmau!" Laila said.

She looks at Tommy.

"Tommy!" She said with joy.

Polly began to notice.

"Oh, Tommy?" Polly asked.

"H-hey." Said Tommy.

Polly then notices us.

"Wait, who are these guys?" Polly asked.

"This is Melissa, Dottie, Lucinda, and Maria." Said Aphmau.

We began to greet Laila and Polly. Then we stopped.

"So, you guys must be here for a reason huh? Well, go on. What is it?" Polly asked.

"It's... a long story." Aphmau said.

Polly groaned. She looked at Laila.

"Laila, prepare the tea." Polly said.

"Yes ma'am." Said Laila.

She walked upstairs.

~~Time Skip~~

Some time has passed and we told Polly and Laila about us and this other Laurence. Then we started talking about some stuff.

"The dimension part seems more believable. Especially given everything that's been going on." Laila said.

"Going on?" I asked.

"You described a man with scars on him. Scars similar to Tommy. He was almost in a zombified state. Right?" Polly asked.

"Yes." Said Aphmau.

Melissa then spoke up.

"Those scars... where have I seen those before...?" She asked herself.

"You're not the only one who's encountered a person like that." Laila said.

"Lately, people of that nature and physical description have been showing up around these parts. Each one of them bearing void burns all over their bodies." Polly explained.

"Void burns! I knew those marks looked familiar." Lucinda said.

"If it looked familiar, where have you seen them—" Dottie asked but Lucinda cuts her off.

"Aaron." She said.

I then remembered something. Aaron having faint void burns all over himself when he was still amnesiac.

"He was the only one of us who got covered in void burns that day when we fought Michael." Lucinda said.

"Then why didn't he get zombified?" I asked.

"He was a cursed soul. That's why the burns didn't affect him." Lucinda explained.

"Huh... well, that explains the purple marks he had when I found him amnesiac." Said Melissa.

I looked at Lucinda.

"Void burning typically happens when a person jumps between dimensions and unstable means. Which means that each one of these individuals is being pulled from other dimensions and dropped here." Laila explained.

"That's why the void burns were on Lucinda's door step. It was an unstable meaning." I said.

Some talking passed and they said they were gonna check us for void burns. I hope that these guys might find a way to bring us back to our world.