Chapter 19: The Hospital

(Maria's POV)

12 hours have passed and we were at this hospital place in the village. It was now 12 in the afternoon and Aphmau and Melissa were unconscious in hospital beds. Tommy, Modzilla, Dottie, and Laila were in the room with me. Lucinda looked tearfully at Melissa. Laurence had a look of sadness on his face.

"I was too late." Said Laurence.

"It's not your fault. The Alters teleportation grant's him every advantage. It's a miracle you and Lucinda made it out of there intact." Modzilla said.

"She's the only familiarity I had in this realm." Laurence said as his voice began to break.

"We failed them." Said Lucinda as she tried to fight back tears.

"Lucinda, it wasn't your fault. It was the voids. And it's up to us to stop it." Dottie said as she tried to help Lucinda calm down.

"She's right, you know." I said.

I walked over to Melissa's unconscious body. Her ears were flopped down.

"I suppose karma always intends to follow us everywhere." I said.

Tommy then said that he wants to avenge Aphmau. He then ran out the room. I felt sorry for him. I suppose this version of Aphmau is like a motherly figure to him.

"Tommy wait!" I exclaimed.

Me, Dottie, and Modzilla begin to follow him.

"Laila... Please fix Melissa." I thought.