Chapter 14: The Frozen Village

(Lucinda's POV)

We kept walking, which felt like forever to me. But we then came across a village. Everything was grey. Even the humans that are here.

"W-what's going on?" Dottie asked.

"These people... they're... they're frozen." Laurence said.

What happened here though? Did something bad happen to us place?

"Why do they look like this?" I asked.

"I don't know." Said Aphmau.

"I don't like the looks of this." Said Laurence.

Aphmau and Laurence then talked about the small sacrifice proposal they made earlier but now wasn't the time. I'm more concerned about what happened in this world. At times like these I wish I had the Deimos boys with me. Especially Leif.

Aphmau then tried talking to one of the frozen people. No response.

Me and Dottie draw our staffs but we look at them for a brief second. We then put them back in our pockets.

Laurence and Aphmau chatted for a little bit. We then heard a scream. Dottie's ear twitched. She said it sounded familiar to her.

"Leif, is that you I hear?" She questioned herself.

"No! No it wasn't Leif, Dottie! There's no way he could have fallen into this realm." I said.

"What was that?" Aphmau asked concerned.

Laurence took a few steps forward.

"Behind me!" Laurence commanded.

"I mean, you got the sword so, yeah." Aphmau said.

Me and Dottie stand next to Laurence, drawing our staffs, ready for combat.

"If anyone can hear me, run for your lives!!" Someone yelled.

"That voice! That's Modzilla!!" Aphmau exclaimed.

That's what Modzilla sounds like? He sounds an awful lot like Leif...

A man, who looked a lot like Tommy, but a few inches bigger, wore a lab coat, black pants and black shoes, and a grey and white shirt, ran over to us. That must be Modzilla.

"Oh good, Aphmau you're— wait. Aphmau?! What in the Cosmos are you doing here??" Modzilla asked.

I then saw something. Something that was behind Modzilla. A black thing that was growing by the second. I think that's the void, consuming everything in its path.

"Guys...?" I asked with concern as my eyes widened with fear.

The void was growing fast. Eating this world. I tried to use my magic and Dottie tried to use her ice magic but it didn't work. We then tried to use our staffs on the void but nothing happened. Our magic has no effect on this void.

"What's happening??" Laurence questioned.

"We'll die if we stay here! Now run!" Modzilla exclaimed.

We began running away from the void. I just hope we can make it back to the portal in time before this void catches up to us. If we don't, then we're screwed!