Chapter 23: Zane?

(Dottie's POV)

As me and Lucinda were running after Laurence, I couldn't help but wonder why he left for that reason. Was he trying to run from the past or was he just running away from all of this madness? As we found Laurence in the forest he yelled out into the unknown as he asked someone to show themselves. Was he referring to the void?

"Laurence who are you talking about?" Lucinda asked.

When I turned around, i saw a man in armor with a cross on his shirt and had faint void burns all over himself. He had black hair and a bang that covered one of his blue eyes.

"Z-... Zane??" I said in shock.

Laurence drew his sword and Lucinda drew her staff.

"What?" Lucinda questioned.

Zane charged at us with his silver sword. We dodged his attacks and then Laurence stabbed him with his green sword and then Zane disappeared into thin air and fire appeared from where he once stood.

For the first time in my life, I've never seen Zane being hostile. Laurence then called out once more. I think he was talking to the void.

I'm assuming that the Zane in his world is a villain. The Zane in my world would never turn against my friends.

Laurence, Lucinda, and I headed back to the village.

~~4 Minutes Later...~~

We returned from our fight with the weird evil Zane and then Modzilla wants us to be on our guard for the Alter.

After all the chatter, we decided to stay in this hotel inn nearby. Melissa agreed and Lucinda did too. So did Maria. But I hope we get home soon enough. I don't know if I can take anymore world hopping...