Surprised Meeting You Here

Hiccup's POV

A couple months had passed and Hiccup was starting to worry about Krystal. He constantly found her staring off into space, muttering to herself. He hoped nothing was wrong.

"Krystal, are you sure you're okay?" Hiccup asks. The girl had been staring off into space again.

"I'm fine, Hiccup, just got a lot on my mind." Krystal replies. The two had come for more supplies in the Northern Markets. Hiccup shoulders his bag of supplies he just bought before speaking again.

"You know, if you want to talk about it..." Krystal shakes her head.

"It's fine, Hiccup. Really. Thanks though...oh no." The girl suddenly went pale.

"What? What's wrong?" Hiccup asks.

"We meet again."

Krystal's POV

"Cavendish." Krystal growls. Hiccup looks up at the approaching man. He was tall, taller than Stoick, Hiccup's dad. Built like his dad too. A long scar stretched across his neck and his dark eyes glinted in the sunlight.

"I told you we would meet again." The man, Cavendish, says.

"Krystal, do you know him?" Hiccup asks. The girl doesn't respond, continuing to stare at Cavendish.

"Hasn't she told you? We meet when she was younger." Cavendish explains to Hiccup. He turns to Krystal with a smile. "I believe you have something of mine."

"Hiccup, run!" Krystal grabs the boy's hand and pulls him after her.

"You can run, but you can't hide." Cavendish laughs. Krystal quickly leads Hiccup through the market, darting in and out of tents as other shoppers curiously watch them. Krystal pulls Hiccup into an alley and the two catch their breath.

"Who was that?" Hiccup asks after a moment.

"His name is Cavendish. I met him while I was on my own. He's been hunting Shadow." Krystal explains.

"And he's back."