An Egg-y Identity

A/n: This may be the only chance I'm able to upload this week. Got finals. Wish me luck.

Krystal's POV

Krystal slowly opens her eyes. A dim light was flickering in the room and two shadows sat by the dying fire. One gets up and heads outside. The second turned around and looked in Krystal's direction. She smiles as she recognizes the green eyes.

"Krystal?" Hiccup gets up and rushes to the girl's side as she sits up slowly. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." She says. "Where's the egg?" Hiccup seemed to have forgotten about it, judging by his face.

"It's right over here, by the fire." Newton appears, arms loaded with wood. Krystal stands and walks over to the fire. The egg glints softly in the fire's glow, colors shimmering.

"I've never seen anything like it." Newt states, crouching next to Krystal as she picks it up to examine it.

"It looks healthy. No cracks or dents in the shell." Krystal examines the egg. "It's pretty warm too, close to hatching."

"What dragon species do you think it is?" Hiccup asks, peering at the egg.

"Well, it's not a Changewing egg; those are smaller and are scaleless. It almost looks like a Razorwhip or a Deadly Nadder egg, but the colors on those eggs don't shimmer like this." Newt informs. Krystal thinks for a moment.

"Like a Changewing, Deadly Nadder, and Razorwhip, but not any of those..." She mutters. "Oh my Thor..."

"What? What is it?" Hiccup immediately asks. Newt recognizes the look on Krystal's face.

"You know what it is, don't you?" Krystal nods.

"We may have found the only one left of its species, aside from Shadow. It's a Scaleshifter egg."