Gone

Hiccup's POV

Hiccup's head shot up as he heard a loud roar that he recognizes as Toothless.

"I'm coming, Toothless!" He shouts as he runs toward the sound.

"Hiccup, wait!" Astrid calls after him, but Newt goes after the boy. Urging Bismuth forward, Newt reaches down and lifts Hiccup onto Bismuth's back. The Nadder darts into the sky.

"Where?" Newt asks, looking at Hiccup.

"That way. He can't be too far." Hiccup replies, pointing. Newt steers Bismuth lower to the ground and Hiccup scans the ground for Toothless. He spots an area that seemed to be the location of a struggle and points. "There!" Bismuth lands softly and Hiccup is off the dragon in a heartbeat, scanning the ground. The rest of the gang manage to catch up as Hiccup examines the area.

"Something happened here." Fishlegs states as he looks around. There were large drag marks in the grass, as well as footprints and wheel marks. Hiccup kneels and picks up a black scale from off the ground. A dart was lying not far from it. Hiccup picks it up as well.

"Someone took Toothless." He says, anger obvious in his tone.

"Hiccup?" The boy looks over at Snotlout, who held up a second dart. "If Krystal was with Toothless, I think they took her too."

"Who would've taken them?" Astrid asks. Hiccup looks at Newt, who nods.

"Cavendish."

Krystal's POV

Krystal groans as she starts to wake. Her whole body aches, her head feeling fuzzy. Krystal slowly opens her eyes, squinting to see in the dim light. After a moment, her eyes adjusted to the lighting, Krystal sees several large shapes laying on the ground around her, all different sizes. Krystal stands to walk, but finds about a large 6-foot-long chain around her right leg, leashing her to the ground.

"Great." Krystal mutters, tugging at the chain. She didn't know what happened or where she was. The last thing she remembered was the dart and Toothless. Anything after that was blank.

A low growl brings Krystal back to the present. Turning, she sees one of the shapes start to move. Glowing red eyes stare at her as the dragon stands. It was a Monstrous Nightmare.

The Nightmare lunges at Krystal, who falls back in surprise. A loud clank sounds and the dragon is stopped by the chains around its ankles. Krystal scoots as far back as possible, putting distance between her and the dragon. She notices the dragon had a muzzle on its snout, keeping it from firing. Other low noises start to sound around Krystal. She watches as every shape stirred, the dragon either shifting position or standing to stretch. They all seemed to see her at once, growling at her. A loud roar sounds behind Krystal, making her cover her ears. The dragons all grow quiet and stop growling. Looking behind her, Krystal finds Toothless.

"Toothless!" Krystal hugs the dragon, who purrs in delight. "Thanks, bud." Their moment was quickly interrupted. Loud voices were heard on the other side of the wooden wall, all exclaiming and shouting excitedly. Krystal crawls over to the wall, which she was chained near, and peeks through the boards. A large arena stretched on the other side, seats surrounding the arena. Half the seats were already filled with spectators. Krystal realizes where she was. Hiccup had told her about a similar thing happening to him and Toothless a while ago. She was at a dragon fighting arena.