Fight!

Krystal's POV

Krystal rolls to the side as Shadow jumps at her, claws raised.

"Shadow! Stop! It's me!" Krystal shouts at the dragon, but Shadow seemed to ignore her, jumping at her again. As she dodges another attack, Krystal notices his eyes were glazed over. His once-vibrant amber eyes glinted dimly and his pupils were constricted. Cavendish must've done something to him that confused the dragon's senses.

Krystal is jerked back to the present as Shadow shoots a fireball at her. Yelping, Krystal jumps to the side, only getting singed. Shadow is on her in a moment, jumping from the ceiling. All the while, the spectators roar and shout for more.

Krystal had to get Shadow in a position where she could approach him without being decapitated. Slowly, she starts to back up against the wall as Shadow turns toward her.

"C'mon, Shadow. Come get me." She urges. The dragon roars loudly at her and barrels toward her. "I'm sorry for this." Krystal jumps sideways and Shadow rans head-first into the wall. The dragon goes down with a thud. The spectators' shouting silenced as Krystal approaches Shadow. The Scaleshifter was starting to stand slowly, dazed from the collision.

"Shadow." Krystal says, gaining the dragon's attention. Shadow wanted to roar at the figure in front of him, but something stopped him. He recognized something about its voice, but he couldn't recall it.

"Shadow, it's okay. I'm here." Krystal says, edging closer to Shadow. His pupils dilate slightly and then constrict again. He growls slightly, but stops as Krystal takes another step.

"You can't hurt me, Shadow. You never could." Krystal says, reaching a hand out. "You know me. You're my best friend." Shadow's eyes dilate completely as Krystal lays a hand on his snout. He purrs at the girl and his scales turn a deep blue. Hushed whispers fill the audience as they watched the event.

"You said they would fight! That's not fighting!" One man starts shouting, causing the others to shout in agreement. Shadow, now fully in control, sees the audience and growls at them, pulling Krystal close. Cavendish comes forward, motioning to the announcer. He nods hesitantly and waves at some hunters. The hunters disappear.

"I guess a new opponent is in order. Let's see how the legendary Scaleshifter will do against its natural predator." The commentator shouts as the door opposite of Krystal and Shadow starts to open.

"Oh no." Krystal mutters, eyes wide as the Titan Deathsong appears.

"Let the ultimate showdown begin!"