The Arena

Krystal's POV

Krystal watches as two dragons, a Deadly Nadder and a Hideous Zippleback, were forced to fight. The Zippleback won quickly, dispatching its opponent. Krystal looks away quickly as the Zippleback finished the Nadder.

"This is sick." She mutters, sitting down. Toothless lies down next to her, purring.

"I'm sorry, Toothless. It's my fault we're here." Krystal says, rubbing Toothless' head. Toothless looks up at the girl, his green eyes gazing gently at her.

It's okay. He seemed to say, purring. Krystal smiles and hugs the dragon. Their moment was loudly interrupted. Two hunters appear, throwing open a door that Krystal hadn't noticed before now. All of the dragons back up in fear, minus Toothless, who growls at the newcomers.

"Grab the girl." One says, pointing at Krystal. The other steps forward, but Toothless growls louder, keeping Krystal by his side.

"Move, dragon." The hunter retorts, grabbing Toothless' head and jerking him to the side. The first hunter darts forward and grabs Krystal roughly while the second wrestles with Toothless. A moment later, Krystal is being dragged out of the room harshly by the two hunters. She doesn't know where they were taking her, but she gets her answer rather quickly. The two hunters roughly push Krystal through two wooden doors, straight into the arena. Krystal could hear the spectators gasp as they lay eyes on her.

"Today, we have a rather interesting fight! Who will win, a pitiful girl or a legendary beast?!" The commentator announces. Krystal glares at the man, then notices a large cage being rolled out into the arena. The dragon inside roared loudly, causing the audience to roar in excitement. Krystal couldn't make out what dragon it was until it burst out of the cage. Shadow stood before her, chains on his wings to prevent him from flying. Scratches and cuts covered his body, and he looked sickly, but his scales glowed a bright red.

"Oh, no. Shadow, what have they done to you?" Krystal mutters, shock and anger coursing through her body. She looks at the spectators and finally spots Cavendish. The man was watching her with an amused smile. The announcer's shout brings Krystal back to the present.

"Fight!"