cup twelve.

.
     'what's this?' the smaller man asked as he picked up a lone cassette on the dashboard. Several more are scattered but a stardust covered rectangular box catched hui's eyes.

Hui turned it around to see a markered writing.

Warble
Koh Shinwon

Shinwon looked at the thing on hui's hand, embarrassed that he forgot to hide that thing. A part of him exposed, a secret that made him hate himself. 

'It was...mine. Just prompts of pianoforte that I do when the mood strikes.'

Shinwon stated, and hui knew that his voice was laced with secrecy. And the more time have passed, the more intrigued hui become.

'Can I play it?' Hui said not looking away from the scribble and the tiny stardust designs on it. It was pretty.

Shinwon pursed his lips as he opened up his right palm, the cold cassette been placed by hui, now leaning as shinwon put  it on.

They listened,

Shinwon on the reaction hui will make.

Hui on the overwhelming beating of his own heart.

Hui then thought of his past, as they pass by the green trees and the music kept on playing

So this is what his mother was talking about. The thing that made her sacrifice and survive through the years listening to the same broken record of their music.

Her requited love for an another man.

Someone good unlike his father.

And hui closed his eyes, basking on the overwhelming feeling of what his mother warned him about.

The melody. Shinwon's warble.

It made hui feel alive again.

It hurts to think of the future.