•two•

Toritsuka

Whenever Toritsuka tried to speak with Saiki privately, he found Kaidou glued to his side. At first he let it slide. He thought maybe Saiki just wanted to be around him. But then whenever he would call out and Saiki would turn he would notice Kaidou glare before pulling Saiki into some inconsequential conversation. There was only one thing for Toritsuka to do, he had to show up at the one place Kaidou wouldn't be. Saiki's house.

Toritsuka smiled to himself. Saiki never invited anyone to his house on his own free will. It was the perfect plan. He found himself smiling for the remainder of the day.

He walked nervously to Saiki's house. He'd rung the bell once, not wanting to be rude. He'd internally screamed upon seeing Kaidou on the other side of the door. Toritsuka saw him grimace at his sight before plastering his face with a faux smile.

"Wow Toritsuka, I never expected to see you here. I'm just getting tutored from Saiki. I'm really bad at math." He said, although Toritsuka knew that he was terrible at everything. He could see the smile in the boy's eyes as he said it. Toritsuka felt like he was competing for Saiki again. It made his inhumanly furious.

"Well could you tell him I stopped by then?" Toritsuka asked.

Kaidou nodded, he slammed the door shut and spoke to himself.

"As if I don't need him getting in my way." he heard Kaidou say through the closed door muffling his voice. He sighed and walked away with his fists balled. What an asshole.

When Toritsuka was falling asleep that night, he couldn't help but loathe himself.

Why did he have to be in love with Saiki Kusuo?

.

Toritsuka took it as a good omen. Kaidou wasn't at school. With a positive mood, he wrote a letter to Saiki.

Dear Saiki,

I would like to come to your house to speak of something important. If it isn't convenient please call me here; 315-756-9086. Afterschool, 3:00.

-Toritsuka

On his way to lunch he passed Saiki.

"Hey!" he called out and Saiki looked back. Per usual, he wore no expression.

"Please read this." he handed him the note before turning and rushing to lunch.

As the final bell rang he walked out happily towards Saiki's house. His ghost friend came up to him with a smile.

I did as you asked. He is sick in bed.

Her voice filled his mind like cold wind. He thanked her and continued on, if he were lucky Kaidou would be out for a few days.

He came to Saiki's door ringing the bell. It opened and he saw Saiki's parents.

"Oh dear one of his friends actually came back. He's in his room." His mother said surprised. Toritsuka held his laughter upon realized how deathly serious she was.

He was nervous as he climbed the stairs. He knocked on the pink-haired boy's door slowly. There heard a quiet 'come in', and he entered the room. It was clean and spacious, he wasn't sure what he'd expected though. Saiki sat on the bed watching the TV. He turned to Toritsuka as he came and sat down on the bed as well.

"So?" Saiki asked.

Toritsuka took a deep breath and began.

"I am in love with you Saiki, it pains me to know you're not mine. And everyday that goes by where I see you with Kaidou kills me."