•sixteen•

Saiki

Saiki walked into school hand in hand with Toritsuka. He could feel the sweat on the boy's hands and saw how tense he was.

He squeezed Toritsuka's hand to calm him. Toritsuka looked at him, smiling half heartedly. He scanned the hallway, trying to find what Toritsuka was so anxious about. Most people looked but no one stared. They were all too intimidated by Saiki to get on his bad side. Sure, he wasn't really scary, he just seemed to have a gaze that made you falter. People turned to their lockers as the two walked past.

Saiki led Toritsuka to his locker.

"Want to sit together at lunch?" He asked as Toritsuka fumbled with his lock.

"Yeah, but what about Kaido; he hates me."

The two looked across the hall at Kaido. He was staring holes into Toritsuka's head. When he saw Saiki look he smiled and turned around.

"I don't know, we can just sit with Hairo if we have to. I never could stand Kaido, too pushy."

Toritsuka laughed and pulled out his books. As he closed his locker he waved to Saiki before pushing him toward his locker.

By the time lunch came around Hairo had already heard about the two.

"So when did you start dating?" He asked while shoving rice into his mouth.

"Sunday I guess." Toritsuka said and looked at Saiki who nodded.

"Kaido was pretty pissed. He was on about how annoying you two were. Said he was tired of people being so flirty at school."

Saiki and Toritsuka looked to each other confused.

"We never did anything but hold hands?!" Toritsuka exclaimed while he ate.

"I'll never understand that guy." Hairo said as he finished his food on the fifth bite.

Saiki held his hand loosely on Toritsuka's knee. He knew how upset Toritsuka had been lately, but he honestly had no idea how to get his feelings across in words. He was aware of how Toritsuka smiled when couples cuddled and kissed in shows. He moved his hand further up causing Toritsuka to choke on his food.

Saiki almost cracked a smile at how dramatic he was. He left his hand to rest mid thigh. Toritsuka calmed down enough to continue a conversation with Hairo. Saiki envied how easily they spoke. Why did he have trouble getting Toritsuka to open up to him? Hairo seemed to laugh along and talk with him effortlessly. Saiki couldn't imagine the two of them ever being like that.

How would things between them ever work?

.

Word Count 422