•twenty•

Saiki

The ring still hadn't come off. Saiki was really starting to worry. He didn't have anyone to talk to about that stuff. No one was really like him, and it sucked.

Saiki spun the ring on his finger slowly. He wished Toritsuka was with him. It distracted the thoughts from creeping back in. Now they were at their fullest. One after the other plaguing his mind. He felt anxiety begin to brew. He wanted this ring off, didn't he? He was limiting what he was born with. Was it healthy to suppress it? His stomach felt like it was turning inside out. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself.

There was a knock.

"Ku' guess who's here." Saiki groaned internally as he stood from his bed. His mother left the door open on her way downstairs. He followed, though he didn't really want to. She always got like this when-

"Dear brother of mine how you've grown!" Saiki's entire body tensed. He walked closer to his brother. They were almost the same height.

"Kusuke, oh you've got to meet Ku's little boyfriend!"

Sakiki wanted to run as soon as the words left his mother's mouth. Kusuke looked at him and smiled.

"I'd love to. When will he be in." His smile faltered and Saiki saw the grimace underneath. Oh great, he's jealous of that too.

Toritsuka was shocked that he was invited over when the Saiki's had company.

As soon as he hit the door Saiki drug him upstairs. Behind the bedroom door, he sighed and fell onto the bed.

Toritsuka sat on the bed beside laying Saiki. He combed his fingers through his hair gently. His brows were knitted as he thought, Toritsuka didn't like to see him stressed.

"Why are you so worked up Kusuo?" Toritsuka asked him quietly. He tried to steady his breath. A tear fell down his cheek as he tried to suppress them.

"I-i don't want to tell you." He said finally. Toritsuka sighed and wiped away the single tear that fell.

"You sound like a child Kusuo. You can tell me."

Saiki turned away as more tears fell. Why did everything feel so heavy? If he said this, he couldn't take it back. His brother was here to make things worse. Now he would have to compete for Toritsuka too.

It was so annoying, he'd always win no matter what. Except this time it was a person. Toritsuka might hate him after what he says. Is that a good enough reason for him to leave him for his brother?

He didn't know.

"I uh, I have psychic abilities... and this ring blocks the um... the mind reading ability. But it's stuck and I've tried for days to pry it off but I can't. And these dumb glasses block my ability to turn people to stone. The pink balls, keep the strength of my powers relative." He said through closed eyes. Tears were falling now and he didn't stop them. His body shook as he silently cried. Toritsuka wrapped his arms around him and pulled him up.

He leaned into him as he tried to stop the tears. They kept on falling though, he must've held them in for a while.

Toritsuka stayed quiet but he still held Saiki with a strong grip.

"I know, it's okay." Toritsuka finally said. His expression was calm and inviting.

Saiki looked up at him confused.

"I can see ghosts... talk to them. Which you probably know since you're psychic."

Saiki shook his head and Toritsuka continued.

"Well I wanted to know why you were so quiet. You kind of seemed like a murderer, so I had a ghost friend follow you. They said you had powers or something but I thought they were just trying to scare me.

Turns out it was the truth." He said smiling. Toritsuka pulled Saiki back into his chest.

.

Word Count 651