•six•

Toritsuka

The chill in the air remained just as piercing as when Toritsuka first arrived at the Saiki residence. As he walked beside Saiki, their shoulders touched every so often, and his body reacted just the same each time. After a few minutes of walking in silence, the park came into view. The two headed for the swing set through the quiet, wind whipping their ears and gravel crunching under their feet. They sat down at adjacent swings. Toritsuka stole glances at Saki's calm expression. He envied that about him, maybe because he was always stressed. Ghosts constantly surrounding him, never knowing if he's hearing a real voice or the dead. He looked back at Saiki, who was already looking at him. He averted his gaze to the ground.

  "Toritsuka." Saiki spoke in a whisper. Toritsuka's eyes were immediately met with his. His heart raced, he tried to find any emotion in Saiki's eyes. He desperately wanted to understand him, know everything about him. Yet, his eyes told nothing; a blank stare bored into his.

  "How did you know you were gay?"Toritsuka's heart leapt out of his chest. Mind racing at one hundred miles per hour. Saiki, the greatest, most incredible person he knew was asking him about his sexuality. He wanted to jump and scream in delight. But he remembered something, and his mind recoiled. Saiki is confiding in me, he isn't into me. 

  "Well, I always watched movies when I was younger. I I thought that I admired the male characters more than women because they were brave and cool. But, as I got older, I realized that I was idolizing them. Checking the actors out during fight scenes. I noticed that my heart would've beat when there were make out scenes. I tried to make myself watch the girl but... I couldn't." He warily looked up at Saiki. He was staring at his feet, deep in thought.

  "I think I'm gay... but I'm not sure." He looked up at Toritsuka as he finished his sentence. Unintentionally, Toritsuka glanced at the boys lips. They were light pink, perfectly taken care of. While Toritsuka, on the other hand, chewed his lips out of anxiety.

  "Can I try...?" Saiki asked, Toritsuka nodded hastily he leaned closer. Hands on either metal chain of the seat that held him. His heart bursting out of his chest, his mind blank, he closed his eyes and waited.

His mind fogged when he felt soft lips against his coarse ones. For a moment, all was still, both too afraid to move. Toritsuka made the first move, kissing lightly, not wanting to make Saiki shy away. Saiki returned the kiss with so much passion that Toritsuka couldn't hold back. He brought his left hand to the boy on his right's cheek. His right remained on the cold chain, holding his shivering body in place. He groaned as his bottom lip was nipped, instantly embarrassed and understandably wanting to curl away. And in the moments that followed he ignored the sense of happiness that struck his entire body as Saiki ran his hands through his hair.

Saiki was the first to pull away.

He opened his fuchsia eyes and stared into Toritsuka's deep brown pair. They remained in the position, holding each other tightly while staring at each other.

  "I'm freezing my balls off, can we go back to your place?" Toritsuka offered, Saiki nodded and pulled away from the intimate position.

The two walked back quickly to the warm home. As soon as they made it inside, they took their jackets and shoes were off. They were up the steep stairs in seconds and in the comfort of the thick blanket over Saiki's bed. They sat with their backs to his wall, knees to their chests. The TV was on, Cyborg-Cider Man #2 promoting his horrible drinks.

Toritsuka slowly allowed his head to fall onto Saiki's shoulder. He felt the other flinch slightly before relaxing quickly after. An arm snaked around his back and he was pulled closer in the warm side.

.

Word Count 642