•twenty-five•

Epilogue

_______

Saiki shielded his eyes from the street lights outside. His new apartment complex was in the heart of the city. Faint sounds of traffic filled the quiet room. The only other noise; Toritsuka softly snoring a top his chest, helping to balance things out.

Saiki played with Toritsuka's hair. The head band he once wore was in Saki's desk drawer back at home. He wasn't sure why he never gave it back those years ago but the thought didn't bother him.

What did was the amount of work they had. For him it was easy, but Toritsuka wasn't like him. He was so human and passionate about everything he did. And of course he got way too many classes for only his second year.

He came home exhausted and his sex drive was lower than Saiki's. That was what worried Saiki. Usually it was Toritsuka waking him up at night or instigating things. Except now, Saiki was pulling the load. He even gave Toritsuka head in a campus restroom. Toritsuka was a little less agitated but Saiki wasn't.

He hadn't gotten off in months and it was getting worse. As he stroked the soft hair he considered being a top. Maybe it would be easier? He rolled his eyes at the thought and tried to slow his mind.

Things were okay, they were okay, it would be okay.

He released Toritsuka's hair and kissed his forehead.

  "I love you." He whispered into the soft hair. Toritsuka stirred and murmured something that Saiki didn't catch.

.

Toritsuka spent his days after college in his small home with Saiki. Toritsuka wanted a cat, but Saiki wouldn't allow it; so they got a rabbit. Toritsuka loved it and played with it all the time. Saiki hated it because he was always the one cleaning the cage and feeding him. His name was Jingles, and Saiki of course, had no say in the name.

Toritsuka laid on the cozy couch. He tried to stop himself from nodding off. The bright television was flashing colors across his face in the dark room. He checked the clock: 12:46.

Saiki was supposed to be home at eleven. He sighed and kept his eyes on the door. But with his long hours at work, and the quiet lull of the TV, he fell into a restless sleep.

He awoke in Saiki's arms. He though that Saiki was being romantic but then he realized he was being carried to bed.

As he was laid on the cozy bed he sunk in. It wasn't until he felt the familiar dip in the mattress that he curled into the warm body. There was a kiss on his head, and he was tucked in.

  "Sorry, I decided to take the extra hours." Saiki mumbled as he forced himself to calm down after the rush to get home. Finally, he matched his breathing to Toritsuka's and was asleep in minutes.

.

Saiki laid in bed with his book. Yes, he was reading October Sky again. Toritsuka was on his chest playing some RPG on his phone. He wasn't really sure why he downloaded it but it was fun.

  "Reita." Saiki said putting his book down and causing Toritsuka to do the same with his phone.

  "Yeah?" He asked with his brows raised.

  "We should run away and get married." Saiki said. Toritsuka laughed but then realized Saiki was serious.

  "Where would we go...? And who would propose?!"

  "Me obviously." Saiki said as if it were blatant. Toritsuka shrugged, he guessed he could picture that. Saiki was the one who was dominant in every way. That is except for sexually. Toritsuka nodded after a moment.

  "Yeah we should but... when though? Because I have a meeting next week and end of the year final reports are due soon-"

Saiki intercepted.

  "We can go right now if you want?" Saiki told him straight.

He shook his head and laughed.

  "We have to put in a vacation and all that... but you can propose anytime you like." He said raising his brows. Saiki nodded.

  "Yeah, yeah, I'll wait." He shoved Toritsuka to the floor earning a groan from the other.

  "Work starts in 20, I'm going to take a shower. Go buy coffee and food."

Toritsuka picked himself up and rolled his eyes at Saiki.

  "I don't start until 10:00." He complained but nevertheless dressed and headed out for coffee.

There's a sweet joy in solitude. But solitude with another is never ending bliss. There isn't a certain moment when you know they're the one. But there's a familiar feeling when you meet the lovers eye. A melancholy remembrance of their touch when they're away.

In Saiki's and Toritsuka's case, it is good to have that someone. The two learned to never look back, because the 'one' was right in front of them all along.

.

Word Count 813