•twelve •

Toritsuka 

The giant theme park was the greatest thing Toritsuka had ever seen. Loud music played while the smell of food invaded his hungry body. Saiki's parents gave them ride passses and money for food.

The two ran off to the cotton candy stand. The line was long.

"I can win you a prize over there before you get to the front." Toritsuka said and Saiki agreed.

With that he ran off to the shooter booth. He aimed the gun at the ducks.

After at least six tries he managed to knock a few down. He was nudged and saw Saiki beside him. He held two cotton candy flowers in his hands. He offered Toritsuka his but he refused and turned back to the game.

Saiki sighed and as if it were magic, Toritsuka won instantly.

"Wow Kusuo you're my lucky charm!" He jumped around laughing and dancing while the man running the booth pulled down a giant blue bunny.

Toritsuka thanked him and handed it to Saiki.

"Now you have to win me one." He said and bit into the sweet sugar candy that melted on his tongue. Saiki simply nodded and stepped up to a dart shooting game. He handed his things to Toritsuka to hold.

In minutes he won the game and Toritsuka cheered. The booth manager gave Saiki a large koala. Which, once he took his things, was promptly handed to Toritsuka.

"Race you to the elephant ear stand!" Toritsuka yelled and ran ahead early.

The sun set as they had finished mostly everything. One ride remained though and the two had their eyes set on it.

"Ferris wheel." Toritsuka mumbled and drug Saiki along by his wrist.

As the metal bar came over their laps Toritsuka laughed.

"God, I can't wait." He said to himself.

They were lifted off the safety of the ground and high into the air. The sky surrounding them was light solely lit by the bright lights of the carnival. Although there was a slight chill still hung in the air, the two were distracted by the sights.

High above the people who resided on the ground, they enjoyed the solitude.

Toritsuka smiled as his hand resting on the seat was taken into Saiki's. They looked at each other and Toritsuka smiled, tugging his stuffed animal closer. On their second time around the two spotted Saiki's parents. They were standing at the bottom waving and smiling. The boys waved back smiling as Saiki's mother snapped a Polaroid.

.

Word Count 416