she can speak

↬ 2 ↫

One day into watching those four golden devils and Mike was seriously regretting ever agreeing to it. To say he was exhausted would be a major understatement.

Not only did they climb all over him and his bed, but they whined nearly all night long, keeping him from getting even one good hour of sleep. All he could do was toss and turn, while attempting to drown out the noise with two pillows covering his ears, but that was no use.

Thankfully, they weren't whining loud enough for anyone next door to hear, but he could hear them perfectly and it was the most irritating sound.

As soon as he had gotten up for the day, Mike took them out to walk around and use the bathroom. Surprisingly, it went smoothly. It was just a bit difficult to get all of their leashes attached to their collars.

He did it though and got their first task of the morning done.

When they came back inside, Mike let them back off their leashes and put out their food. He made sure to stick to their schedule, in order to keep everything on track otherwise he'd be dealing with more dog poop than necessary.

He then went on to make his own breakfast and got settled onto the couch for the day. He was off from work today, so he didn't have anywhere he needed to be.

He liked it that way, being lazy and not doing shit. It was relaxing and made him happier than he'd like to admit. It was kind of sad, just how much he enjoyed being alone, but that was just how he was.

Of course, he had friends, but they didn't hang out as often as most do with their friends. They each tended to do their own thing, due to their differing work schedules and other responsibilities, but that worked for them.

So, like most of his free days, Mike chose to spend it watching television and whatever else he could do from the comfort of his couch.

At least that's what he had planned on doing, but then he heard noise from his bedroom and when he realized there was one dog missing, he had a pretty good idea of what happened.

He followed the noise and quickly ran off into his bedroom, finding the scene of the crime. One of them had started chewing on the cord to his lamp and pulled the whole thing off his bedside table, shattering the bulb to pieces and ripping the lamp shade off.

"Seriously? You have like a hundred chew toys in there! Why'd you have to chew on the lamp??" Mike furiously yelled at the dog, while it only stared up at him, with its pink tongue hanging out of its mouth.

Mike irritability went off to retrieve the broom, so he could clean up the broken glass all over the floor.

From then on, he decided on shutting all doors in his apartment, that way none of them could sneak off and break anything else.

The last thing he needed was for one of them to get into the wrong thing and get hurt, because then Nancy would lose it.

So, no more open doors.

Once he'd gotten back in the living room, preparing to plop back down on the couch, he glanced over in the kitchen, and of course, there was a decent sized puddle of pee on the floor.

Mike threw his head back, groaning in frustration.

"Jesus Christ, can you all just stop ruining my apartment!"

He then set off to clean that up, starting to get the idea that he was not going to get to relax any today.