one more thing

↬ 14 ↫

After a long morning at work, Mike found himself quite literally rushing off to his car, his mind set on seeing one person and one person only.

God, he misses El so much.

Sure, she lives like five feet away from him, but their classes had unfortunately started up again and for the past few days, he hadn't seen her nearly as much as he'd liked to.

They were both suddenly busy, working different schedules and having classes at various times of the day, not leaving much time for them to spend together.

He knew this would happen though, it comes along with being a typical working college student. It's just that this was the worst possible time for it to happen.

Things between them were just getting started. After the sudden crush he'd developed only a few short weeks ago, he finally has her right where he wants her and now life and all it's responsibilities are in the way.

He just wants to be with her, even if they're doing nothing at all. Her presence alone makes him feel so happy and at ease, how could he not want to be with her all the time? And now that they're, well, whatever they are, those feelings he has are even stronger.

Speaking of the pending status of their relationship, Mike couldn't help but think back to that night at the ice cream shop. El hadn't denied being his girlfriend, but he hadn't exactly asked her yet, so it was a little confusing.

He really hoped that she didn't think they were already dating. Not that he would be opposed to the idea, because he wouldn't, at all. He just wants to ask her properly, especially since she's never had a boyfriend.

Luckily, they're both free for the rest of the day, Wednesday's being Mike's only day without classes and El's only completely free day, so it was the perfect time to ask her.

Who cares if they haven't really known each other long? He likes her and she likes him, why waste any more time?

Mike certainly wasn't going to waste it, his excitement only growing as he drove through town, now knowing what was to come during the evening he gets to spend with her.

First though, he had to make a few quick stops. If he was going to make her his girlfriend, he needed a couple of things to help make it happen.

El was lying on her couch, fully engaged in what was playing on the television screen when she heard a soft knock at her door.

She hopped up in an instant, waking the little dog resting at her feet as she did so. Coco jumped up at the sudden movement, quickly leaving the comfy spot and following El across the room.

As soon as El opened the door, she was greeted with the sight of Mike, looking incredibly thrilled to see her.

"Hey stranger." He grinned wider, leaning in to kiss her softly on the cheek before he walked inside.

"Hi!" She smiled back at him, while shutting the door behind her. "I feel like I haven't seen you in so long, but really it's only been half a day."

"I know, it's like torture."

"What are you hiding back there?" El asked curiously, referring to the hand he had hidden behind his back. Coco was jumping at his feet, attempting to reach whatever it was, but had no luck.

"Just... these." Mike revealed the small bouquet of sunflowers he held in his hand and El swore she could literally feel her heart warming over the fact that he had gotten her favorite.