sealed the deal

↬ 21 ↫

Since they'd returned from their week spent in El's hometown, things had been as perfect as ever. Despite the fact that they had to get back to working and going to their classes, the couple had truly never been happier.

Even now, as El was walking down the familiar sidewalk in the center of downtown, the same glowing smile was glued to her face, a smile that only Mike Wheeler could evoke.

She was on her way to the bookstore for the sole purpose of studying for an upcoming exam, but a part of her was more focused on the fact that she'd be seeing Mike. After all, it had been five hours.

And if she had learned anything since she's been with that charming boyfriend of hers, it was that five hours is entirely too long to spend away from him.

El had soon reached the bookstore though, so those hours spent without him were no longer an issue.

The familiar aroma of coffee flooded her senses as she walked in, her eyes immediately searching the place. She spotted Mike down one of the aisles talking to a customer, instantly getting lost within his bright smile.

She watched as he politely informed the woman about a certain series of novels, before he so casually ran a hand through his untamed hair, the move having quite the effect on her.

She stood off to the side, simply admiring the boy who had yet to notice her arrival.

Her shameless gawking went on for so long, that she didn't even realize the customer had left, meaning that Mike was finally alone. She took this as her chance to go to him, especially since no other customers were around to bother him.

"Excuse me, I think I need your help finding something." El enticingly spoke as she walked up behind him, only giving him enough time to perk up at the sight of her before she yanked him down to her mouth.

He instantly melted against her, letting the book in his hand fall to the floor as he kissed her back. He was no longer worried about doing his job, not when his beautiful girlfriend was here, wanting to do this.

Mike held her close, his lips chasing after hers like his life depended on it.

Those hours apart had really deprived him of her mesmerizing presence, so he happily indulged in making up for that lost time, until El pulled away, with a rather smug grin on her face.

"Found it, thanks for the help."

"Oh, it was my pleasure." He muttered, before gently pushing her against the shelf behind her, unable to keep himself from going back in for more.

El was usually a softy around him and he adored that about her, but she also had her moments like this, and that only made it harder for him to resist her.

So, he simply chose not to even try.

The two completely lost themselves in one another, the faintest of moans escaping them as the moments passed by. They refused to part, until a loud ringing belonging to the store phone popped that glorious bubble they had slipped into. 

"God, I really don't want to stop this, but I gotta get that." Mike spoke against her lips, then detached himself from her hold. "Dustin's running late, so I'm the only one here right now."

"It's okay, I need to start studying anyway." El sighed. She leaned up to leave a quick peck on his lips, before sending him on his way. "Go do your job. I love you."

"I love you, too!" He called out while rushing off to answer the phone.

El wandered off down the aisle, going straight over to the chairs near the front window. She slipped her bag off her shoulder as she sat down and began getting all her things out.