mission accomplished

↬ 6 ↫

Mike was currently standing in front of El's door, debating with himself on whether it was too early in the morning to knock or not. He was eager to see her again, maybe a little too eager, which is why he found himself standing there at ten o'clock in the morning.

Ever since he'd come to the realization that the dogs were likely the key to El's heart, he wanted nothing more than to set his plan into action. The plan being for him to come up with as many dog related ways as possible to get El to spend time with him.

Did that make him seem desperate? Yes, yes it did and he didn't care one bit.

So, Mike made the decision to go for it and knocked heavily on the door before him. He waited patiently, nervously tapping his foot against the floor. Soon enough, the red door was flung open, and there she stood.

Her hair was a bit crazy, looking like she had just rolled out of bed and she was still in her pajamas.

Great job idiot, it was too early and you woke her up.

"Mike, hi!" She cheerfully greeted him, as a bright smile lit up her face.

Still, with pajamas and crazy hair, Mike found her as pretty as ever.

Before he let himself get too memorized by her though, he came to his senses and greeted her back. "Hey El, are you busy today?"

"Nope, I'm not busy at all! Why?"

"Well, I'm taking the dogs for a walk downtown, I just wanted to see if you wanted to tag along?" Mike asked, desperately hoping she wouldn't say no. If she said no, then this whole thing would be a bust and he'd have to try again another day.

Thankfully, she was nodding her head yes as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

"Of course! Let me just get changed, I'm uh, still in my pajamas as you can see."

Mike breathed out a sigh of relief, laughing softly as she gestured to her mismatched clothes. "I still need to get their leashes on and everything, so just come over when you're ready."

"Okay, cool!" El smiled, moving back to close her door.

"Cool." Mike chuckled, slowly backing toward his apartment, eyes locked with hers until she disappeared behind the closed door.

Mission accomplished.

"It's so nice out today!" El happily spoke, as she held on tightly to the leashes of both Coco and Ziggy. They figured two dogs each would make it easier to control them, especially given how crowded the streets were with people.

Mike glanced over as they strolled down the sidewalk, admiring how El so keenly took in her surroundings. "Well, I figured we should take advantage of it, you know, before the snow hits."

"Yeah definitely! Thanks for inviting me, Mike!"

"Oh, of course!" He nervously glanced down toward the cracked sidewalk at their feet, before his eyes locked back on her. "I uh, I really like spending time with you so...."

"I like spending time with you too." El grinned shyly, getting so lost in Mike's eyes, it were as if she completely forgot about the world around her, including the dogs she was currently responsible for.