no matter what

↬ 22 ↫

El awoke to the annoying sound of her alarm going off, the constant ringing ruining the peaceful sleep she had fallen into. She slung a hand over toward her bedside table to turn the thing off, then snuggled back into the warm body next to her. 

After what felt like only a couple of seconds, her alarm went off again, causing her to repeat the same motions she had before.

She just wanted to continue sleeping so comfortably in her boyfriend's arms, was that too much to ask?

Apparently it was, because in no time, her alarm was going off again. This time though, she was no longer able to give back in to the sleep her body yearned for. She was starting to wake up now and at that point, she knew she had to get out of bed before she wasted any more of her time fighting the start of her day.

She shut her alarm off a final time, allowing her eyes to adjust to the daylight that lit up her bedroom. She looked to her left, finding the sleeping boy whose arms were still wound tightly around her waist.

Her eyes traveled along his scrunched up face, watching as his lips twitched into a small smile.

Must be having a good dream...

A smile appeared on her own face as she thought of what all could be going on in the pretty head of his, suddenly forgetting the fact that she should be getting ready for work at that moment.

All she could focus on was him.

That is, until she looked down at her own body, now aware of the lack of clothing she had on beneath those covers. Her smile grew even further as the memories of that perfect night from before flooded her head.

It was everything she'd imagined it would be and she couldn't wait to do it all again. The way Mike made her feel was truly too good to be true. If it weren't for the tingling that still lingered throughout her body, she could almost be convinced that it was all a beautiful dream.

Thankfully though, it was real.

El scooted closer to Mike, her face being only inches from his now. Her eyes began to focus on his lips, the lips that had explored her body not even twenty four hours ago.

Unable to resist, El tilted her chin up a bit, softly pressing her lips against his. Just before she moved to pull away, she felt him start to respond to the kiss.

"Mhm, my favorite way to wake up." Mike sighed, while his eyes remained shut.

"Good morning." El giggled, before slightly leaning back to kiss him once more.

Mike stirred, finally opening his eyes up. He instantly drank in the sight of her, grinning wildly at what he found.

"It certainly is."

"Don't get too excited. We don't have time for a repeat of last night." El teased, lightly poking at tip of his nose.

"Someone's awfully cheeky this morning." He pointed out, laughing softly as he shook his head. "And to think, you were once too shy to even look at me."

"That was before I knew you, silly. I'd say I know you pretty well now."

"Yeah." Mike smirked, tugging her flush against him. "Wanna get to know me some more?"