weird

↬ 4 ↫

A couple of days had passed since Mike had gotten the dogs and things had been going better than usual.

They had managed to chill out with their whole mission to destroy his apartment, so he couldn't complain. As long as they kept quiet and did as they were so strictly told, everything would be good.

It was now Thursday, which meant that it was also laundry day. Usually the rest of the people living in the building did theirs during the rest of the week, so the decent sized room full of washers and dryers was mostly empty.

Laundry day isn't typically some big thing, but for Mike it is. The reason for that being that often times when he did his laundry, El would be there.

The laundry room just so happened to be one of those places where the two were prone to run into each other at, so he was really hoping this time wouldn't be the exception.

Mike surprisingly hadn't seen El any since Monday. He figured she had work and other things going on, so it was no big deal. Still, it was odd that he hadn't seen her around like he usually does.

Running into her this time would be different than all the others though, now that they're friends (he's assuming) and they actually talk to each other. 

He was already looking forward to the time he might get with her, since they didn't have very long together when she had stopped by his place.

So, Mike continued to rush and get the rest of his things together to take with him, tossing the last of his dirty towels into the basket when his cell phone started ringing.

He glanced at the screen to see it was his sister, of course. She's been texting him quite often about the dogs, so he should've known that she'd resort to actually calling him at some point.

"Hey, Nance. What's up?" Mike spoke into the phone, while his shoulder held it securely against his ear as he finished up with what he was doing. 

"Hi! Just calling to see how my babies are doing, are they okay?"

"Your dogs are just fine." He assured her, while rolling his eyes for what was probably the hundredth time over her weird attachment to her pets. "My apartment though, not so fine. I'm seriously going to have to make up a list of all the items I'll need replaced by the end of these three weeks."

"Oh, stop being dramatic."

"I'm not. So far you owe me a lamp, a couch pillow, and probably some new flooring."

"Very funny."

"Not kidding, but okay. How's your mysterious trip going?" He could hear laughter in the background, along with the faint sound of music playing and it certainly piqued his interest.

"Good, we're having a great time!"

"We?" He questioned, now curious as to who else was on this trip with her.

"Yeah, 'we' being myself and the girls... Robin, Tina, Heather and Allie."

"Ah, so you're on one of your infamous girls trips." He concluded, it all making perfect sense to him. She goes on those trips quite a few times a year, he should've known that's why she had suddenly taken off for three weeks.

"Yes, I am and now I'm going to get back to it before you ask anymore questions. Bye, Mike! Give my babies kisses for me!"

Mike scoffed at her request. "Not a chance, bye."

Their short call ended and he stuck his phone back in his pocket. After making sure he had his dryer sheets, since he often tends to forget those, he grabbed his basket and headed down to the laundry room.