you've got it bad

↬ 10 ↫

"Dude, I'm so in love with her it's not even funny."

"Oh my God." Dustin groaned, as he listened to Mike ramble on about this girl he had grown so fond of.

He'd been talking about her since the moment he came into work earlier that morning and Dustin was the lucky one who got to be on the other end of it.

"You've known her for like, what? A month?"

"Actually we've lived across from each other for about a year now." Mike reminded him, but that didn't seem to convince his curly headed best friend. 

"But she never spoke a word to you, so that doesn't count!"

"Okay, well it doesn't matter how long I've known her!" Mike spoke up, as he continued placing books on the nearby shelf. "I know her now and I'm certain that I will never look at another girl and feel the way that I feel about El."

Dustin stopped, book mid-air as he grinned at Mike. "Wow, you've got it bad man."

"Tell me about it... She's amazing."

"It's too bad she's only hanging around for those dogs though." Dustin snorted, continuing on with filling the shelves.

"I don't think it's the dogs anymore." Mike shrugged, forgetting the task at hand and taking a seat on the floor. "I mean, she doesn't even pay attention to them half the time and we kinda almost kissed last night."

"So? We're college kids, Mike. A kiss doesn't always have to mean something for our kind."

"Well El is not like other college girls okay? She's different and so am I."

Mike knows that El's not the kind of girl to fool around. She hadn't even had a boyfriend yet, he definitely didn't take her as the kind to go around kissing guys for fun. 

"So you think your dorky charm won her over?" Dustin asked, amusement written all over his face.

Mike didn't seem to catch on to that though. He was off in his own world, a world where only he and El existed. "God, I hope so."

Dustin shook his head as he plopped down next to him on the floor, placing a couple of friendly pats on his shoulder. "Guess you'll find out when your sister takes her dogs back, how long do you have left?"

The question snapped Mike right out of his head, seeing as he had forgotten all about that. "Uh, Nancy will be back to get them this weekend."

"Alright there you go, in a couple of days you'll have your answer!"

He didn't even think about how things would be once the dogs were gone, but now that Dustin had brought it up he couldn't stop.

And the more he thought about it, the more he started to worry.

But if he thought he was worried before, then he certainly wasn't prepared for how he was going to feel when he got home that evening and found a guy standing outside El's apartment.

A very well dressed, dark skinned guy with a bouquet of sunflowers in hand...

Oh no.

No no no.

She has a date? This can't be happening.

Shit, maybe Dustin was right. Maybe that almost kiss was just nothing.

God, I can't let Nancy take those dogs back now.

El will forget all about me.

She's already started to.

Shit.

Mike knew he should've made a move by now. He should've told her that he likes her, because now she's going to go out with this guy and probably have a great time.

As Mike approached the top of the stairs, he eyed the guy cautiously and before he knew it, he was opening his mouth to speak.

"Hey."

The guy glanced up from his phone, looking a bit confused. "Um, hey?"

"You waiting for El?"

"Oh yeah, I'm not some stalker or anything like that. She just texted saying she'd be back in about ten minutes, so I'm just waiting out here. I hope she actually gets here soon because we have somewhere to be by six."

Mike nodded like he's supposed to know what the guy was talking about.

"So you two are going on a date?"

The question slipped out before he could stop it. Sure, he would like to know the answer to that question, but the fact that he had even asked it made him feel like a jealous idiot.

The guy laughed for a moment, before his amusement all of the sudden disappeared.

"As a matter of fact, we are." He grinned at Mike, casually folding his arms across his chest. "What's it to you?"

"She's just my friend and I'm looking out for her." Mike shrugged, hoping that this guy couldn't see right through him.

"I see. So uh, got any tips for me on this date, since you're her friend and all?"

"Oh uh, I don't think I could be much help." Mike said, dismissively shaking his head.

"Anything would be helpful because I know nothing about this chick. All I know is that she's hot and I honestly just wanna score tonight. You feel me man?"

Mike knew he shouldn't do it. It was wrong, so wrong, but this guy clearly didn't deserve to go on a date with her.

He wanted to score? Disgusting.

He was only looking for one thing from El and Mike has a feeling she wouldn't be up for that.

Really, he'd be doing her a huge favor here.

"Actually, yeah I have a few things you'd probably like to know." Mike happily told him, instantly grabbing the guys attention.

So, Mike came up with as much bullshit as he could, also making sure to add in there that El hates sunflowers. The guy seemed thrilled over all this new information, thanking him before Mike decided to leave him be.

It felt good at first, it really did.

Until his conscience kicked in and he was flooded with guilt, guilt over the fact that he most likely just ruined a date that El was probably really excited for.

She was probably looking forward to this date all day, intending on having a great time and now thanks to him, this guy is gonna completely disappoint her.

Damn it, what did I just do?

golden (mileven au)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara