i beg to differ

↬ 15 ↫

Not even twenty four hours had passed since El had officially become his girlfriend and Mike felt happier than ever.

He didn't think it was possible for him to be any happier than he'd been since El came into his life, but he was clearly wrong about that.

Now that he gets to call this amazing girl his, it was like he was living in whole new world— a world where the sun never ceases to shine, a world where there's a permanent smile etched on his face due to the incredible feeling inside of him that never seems to goes away.

Mike had awoken that morning from his rather pleasant dreams, with the brightest smile on his face, for once not minding the irritating sound of his alarm or the dog walking all over his legs.

He simply reached a hand out and turned the alarm off, eager to get his day going. He showered, got dressed and ate his breakfast, before taking Coco out for a few minutes. He made sure to leave plenty of food and water out in her bowl before he left, then set off on the short drive to campus.

As most days, he had spent a ridiculous amount of time searching for a parking spot, nearly making him late for class.

He made it though, slipping in through the side door and finding his unassigned seat near the middle just as his professor was getting ready to begin.

His first class, along with his other one following right after, had gone by painfully slow, which was to be expected, since all he could think about was the fact that El would be back at his apartment waiting for him.

It seemed like his professors were speaking in slow motion, going through their lectures as if they had all day to get through the material. Every time he checked the clock on his laptop, only a few minutes had passed, when it felt like the class should be over already.

Eventually though, he'd gotten through both classes and that's how Mike ended up exactly where he wanted to be, with El.

The two were on his couch, his arm wrapped around El's shoulder as she cuddled up to him, her presence alone filling him with that happiness he was so consumed by lately.

The two were watching a movie that El had chosen, their frequent comments on certain scenes distracting them a bit during the first half. They could talk about the most random thing and somehow never run out of stuff to say about it.

Now that he had truly gotten to know her, Mike found it hard to believe that El had never said much to him all those times he spoke to her. She seems to love talking, almost as much as he does, so the thought of her ever being so quiet around him just didn't seem real.

They finally managed to bring their chit chat to an end when a more intense scene came on, neither wanting to miss anything else.

A bit more of the movie played on before Mike noticed that El wasn't paying much attention to it anymore, her being a little preoccupied with the dog sitting on her lap.

El was talking to Coco in that usual high pitched voice and of course, he found it to be adorable.

Mike still didn't see himself treating the dog in the ways that she does, but he had to admit, Coco was kinda growing on him. Either that or it was just El's love for Coco making him more tolerant of the four legged animal.