trying to be cheesy

↬ 23 ↫

"I cannot believe we got out of bed on our only free Saturday to go hang out with my sister."

"Oh come on, Mike! It'll be fun! I miss those cute little dogs of hers."

Mike let out an exaggerated groan, to which El only laughed at as she pulled him further along the sidewalk.

The two were currently walking hand in hand through the park, a place they've spent quite a bit of time at since they first met. It had become quite special to them, it being the spot where not only their first date took place, but also the many dates that followed.

It was so pretty there, with its giant fountains and freshly trimmed flower hedges lining the walkways, no wonder it was such a popular spot for those living in the area. Surprisingly though, there weren't too many people there today, just a few families hanging around. Even with the lack of people, El couldn't seem to spot Nancy anywhere.

"We're supposed to meet her right here by the little dog park, but I don't see her." She told Mike, slowly spinning around to get another good look. "I'm guessing she's running late?"

Mike searched the area too, but gave up rather quickly. He had already made it pretty clear, several times now, that there was somewhere else he'd much rather be.

"Ah shoot, you wanna just go back home now? Cause I'll happily ditch my sister & her demon dogs."

"Too late for that, we're already here." El smiled sweetly, bouncing up on her tip toes to softly peck his lips. "And they're not demon dogs, they're little angels."

"You're a little angel." He said back, the words slipping out before he even registered what he was saying.

"Oh, Mike... You just get cheesier every day, don't you?" She teased, flashing him a wide grin as she tugged on his hand to lead them a little further through the park.

"You know, I've never actually acted this way with anyone before, but you somehow seem to bring it right out of me." 

"And I happen to love that about you. In fact, I can't wait for you to get even cheesier."

"Oh, okay." Mike suddenly stopped walking, pulling El back to him. He looked her over, the faintest smirk crossing his face. "Challenge accepted then."

"Great, I can't wait for you to turn my heart to mush." El laughed, before managing to slip right out from his arms.

She skipped off into the grass, Mike following right along with her to find the perfect place for them to sit. Once they'd found a spot, El spread their blanket out and gestured for Mike to come closer.

"Let's lay down while we wait on Nancy."

"As you wish, my love!" Mike exclaimed, his enthusiasm causing her to start laughing again.

El shook her head as she laid down on the blanket, Mike immediately laying next to her. She settled in against his chest, sighing contentedly as he wrapped his arms around her.

They both looked up to the sky, eyes searching the many clouds above like they'd done so many times before.

"You think you could use that creative mind of yours today?"