16// Shocking Truth

Nabila's POV
3:37 pm
I was sitting on my bed sipping a cup of coffee when Amal came inside.

"Sis how far. You left in a hurry" she jumped on my bed. She was eating from a bowl.

"Amal. I'm shocked. Why would Ahmad think that I did that and most importantly Ummi. "

"Can you remember when you asked me to check your dress " she nodded "I was checking the dress then saw Ummi's name on it. Before I could leave the dressing room Ummi came and asked me what I was doing with her dress. I told her but she didn't look like she believed me so I gave her the dress and went out. " I paused "after then I hadn't seen her till the show started. Some of the journalists were planning something against Ummi and I was trying to stop them. They managed to leave and I was following them then all of a sudden Ahmad appeared and started accusing me" I told her everything that happened between Ahmad and I.

She did something that surprised me. She started crying then ran away.

I was shocked then I remembered about the journalists. I called Musa to take me to the fashion show center.

I got the list of journalists that came. There were about 7 different organizations.

"Which organization left early? "
"It should be Suntimes Publications, they didn't even cover the pictures with the winner" I nodded

"Where is their location please, " I asked politely
"I really don't know but you can use Google map" the receptionist politely said.
"Okay thanks " I left

I sat down in the car searching for it but I didn't see it

"Musa do you know where Suntimes Publications is located " I asked
"Yes ma, I know it" I sighed as I told him to drive me there.

******************** **************

"How many more minutes Musa " I sighed. It has been up to half an hour since we left but we haven't reached yet.

"Ten more minutes ma'am " he replied
"You've been saying that for more than 5 times" I said pissed off. I really need to get there before they close.

"By what time do they close" I said impatiently.

"By 6pm sometimes 5:30pm if they finish their work in time then go to their main branch which is in Asokoro. "

"Okay" I placed my hand on my forehead. I'm really messed up.

"We're here" I heard Musa say.
"Thanks " I ran out of the car.

********************************

"I told you you can't see her without permission " the receptionist politely responded.

I've been demanding to see the manager but she won't let me.
"Look I promise I won't take much of your time I just need to speak with her"

"Okay but if anything happens I'll hold you responsible " she said.

"Yh sure. Thanks. " I walked into the office after knocking.

"Good evening " I greeted
"Evening, you may sit" she replied

I started telling her everything that transpired between me and the journalists.

"What they did is wrong. Wait a minute " she called someone through the telephone.

"Yes..............call them..........yes now......... okay" she said

"Jr HF JD ncfjch GC Ada yang I don't know that you are i'm el no vex eh kung sino pa man up on my up 👆 up in my phone 🎧 phone and you have no 🔕 no one day 🎂 🎂 day to get it to 🔞 one is a good night 🌚 night 🌚 " her phone rang. Which kind of ringtone is this.

She cut the call then said "don't worry they are on their way" I nodded.

Soon enough we heard a knock from the door.
"Come in"
She talked to them and they said that it has been published, what's remaining is for it to be sold tomorrow.

"Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'un. Is there no way to get it back" I said

"No ma'am. It has been published in about 500,000 papers" she said

"What! How could you do such! " the manager yelled

"Ma'am we thought you'd like it if we did it fast" she bowed her head down.

"Oh really, had I been it was on a normal day, you'd still be editing. Mstwwww" she hissed

"Sorry ma'am" the journalist apologized

"Keep the sorry to yourself because y'all gonna need it if you don't get a solution now" the manager, Mrs John said.

After some minutes of silence, one of the journalists spoke "I have a suggestion " he looked at Mrs John and when she nodded he continued "we should discard the papers and and print new ones"

"Are you mad? Do you know how much that will cost and you think we have time" she yelled.

"Ma'am since it's our fault we would work overnight "
"What about the money " she looked at each of them intently. Non spoke up.

"Since non of you is ready you better start looking for another option " she hissed

"I'll pay " everyone turned to look at me.

"It's a very huge sum. I'm sure you can't " Mrs John smiled at me

"I can , what is it" what's the big deal if I pay. I'm sure it's not up to 500k.

"Well if you say so. One point seven million " what. Are they buying the whole industry

"What" I said almost inaudible

"Yes. It's a very huge task. Editing new papers, printing, paying workers for extra time, discarding the former ones, completing some formalities, it's all mixed up. I'm sorry. " she stated apolegitically.

"No it's okay. I'll pay" I stated knowing that I'm risking my hospitals budget. Though I earn a lot from my hospital, I use it to upgrade the hospital, send it to orphanages and donate to mosques.

"Give me the account number " she gave me and I sent two million naira.

She saw the alert and told them to get to work.

"I promise you that tomorrow morning you will not see anything about this issue" she held my hands.

"Alright thank you so much " I said and I left the office.

Immediately I left the office, I sighed and entered the car.

"Musa sorry for keeping you out late and thank you " I said as he started driving

"No problem ma'am. My work is to serve you" he replied.

Insha Allah everything will be fine. Now my only concern is Amal. Why was she crying? I really need to find out.

Hey
How's this chapter

My cousin has finished her first book kindly join me to celebrate with her.
If you haven't read the book kindly check it out:
The life of Hanifa.

Don't forget the usuals
Bye