31// Surprise

"How are you feeling dear?" Dr Amare asked checking her blood pressure.

"Fine. Just a little headache" she smiled warmly at him.

"Please who brought me here? " She sat up.
"A young woman. She went to buy your drugs, she'll be here soon okay? " Nabila just nodded. Dr Amare left after a few seconds then a fair chubby woman wearing a turquoise Ankara gown came in with a wide grin.

"Hey there. How are you doing? " She said sitting down.

"I'm much more better. Um please what's yr name? " Nabila smiled back.

"I'm Hannatu but you can call me Afra. What about you? "

"I'm Nabila" Nabila paused as if she was trying to remember something "what happened to me? "

"Oh yes. I was coming back from work then I saw you laying unconscious on the street with blood gushing out of your head. So I brought you here immediately"

"Ah thank you so much. May Allah bless you and reward you with paradise"

"Ameen and you too" The woman smiled brightly. "Now eat this" she passed Nabila a take away pack " You know you have to take your medicine then I'll take you home"

"You didn't have to" Nabila protested but from the look she got from Afra she knew she couldn't deny it besides her stomach wasn't siding with her.

She ate the food completely and got discharged. Afra and Nabila went out of the hospital and hit the road.

Nabila kept giving her directions till they got to their house.
"Come in" Nabila offered. Afra politely denied but because of how Nabila insisted she agreed.

"Assalamu...." Nabila didn't complete her statement as Amal engulfed her into a hug.

"Yayaaaaa" Amal yelled and jumped up and down. She was beyond excited.

"Amal be careful. What's happening?" Maami scolded descending the stairs.
"It's Ya Nabila faa"

Nabila's eyes glistened as she sighted her mother. She was excited.

"Maami" she hugged her tightly and let the tears fall freely.
"I missed you so much. I hope you're not hurt" Maami sobbed as she looked out for any injury on Nabila's body. She gasped when she saw the bandage on her forehead.

"How..how did it happen?" She gently touched it.
"I'm fine Maami all thanks to Afra" she turned to Afra and introduced her to Maami.

"Thank you so much dear, may Allah SWA bless your life. You don't know how much you've helped us" Maami kept on showering thanks on Afra.

"It's okay Ma'am. Besides I couldn't leave her in the condition she was and also I didn't help you or did you a favor, it's just that God sent me as a medium to get your daughter back" Afra smiled at Maami.

"I'll take my leave now" Afra turned and was about to leave.
"Stay and have some refreshments dear" Maami pleaded
"Yes please come on" Nabila dragged her arm to the three-sitter and sat her down.

Amal brought refreshments for her as they talked.
"Nabila you know the doctor said you should rest, now go and get a nice rest okay?" Afra stood up and brought out a complimentary card from her bag.

"Here is my business card. You can call me up anytime you need" she passed it Nabila who collected it with her right hand and read the content.

"Afrah's Cuisines"
"OMG!!" Amal squealed and jumped to where Afra was standing " so you're the owner of Afra's Cuisines." Afra chuckled and nodded.

"We use your spices here at home and also your chops are very delicious" Amal emphasized on the very making everyone there to laugh.

"I'm really pleased to here that" Afra gave her a wide smile which was from the bottom of her heart.

"Okay then bye. See you later" Maami, Amal and Nabila escorted her to out and watched till she left the house.

Maami urged Nabila to go to her room, bath, eat then sleep and she did as she was told. It really felt nice to be with her family members once again. She smiled as sleep took her away.

*************
"That's good news. We'll be on our way" Nana smiled
"Nabila is at home. She's just got back" she announced giddily.

Raima and Mairo looked at each other with their eyes as wide as saucers. Nabila is at home, how? They both had questions in their mind but dare not vocalize them.

Ahmad, Daada and Baba kept chanting Alhamdulillah with broad smiles forgetting about the problem in front of them.

"Look, I understand that you're all happy that she's back but for now we need to take this two for interrogation. Let's just go home now, everything will be sorted out there" Dr. Davis uttered noticing how everyone lost focus, celebrating Nabila's return.

"Yeah sure. Come on".

Raima and Mairo were pushed into the rear seats of Ama's car and were locked as she drove with a substantial speed ignoring the colossal potholes on the road, though she tried her best to avoid them.

*****************

"She's sleeping, the person who drove her here was nice enough to take her to the hospital and even bought her drugs" Maami informed them sitting beside Daada.

Dr. Davis was sitted beside Ahmad and Farouk on the chair opposite to where Ama and Amal were sitted.

Raima and Mairo were handcuffed by the police and were guarded by them so they couldn't do a thing.

"We're just waiting for Radiya and Nabila, after that these two will go to where they deserve to be" Baba stated in a calm voice.

"Assalamu alaykum". All heads turned into the direction where the voice came from. It was Anty Radiya. She greeted them and they responded.

She asked about Nabila because she was informed that Nabila is back.
"She's resting but immediately she wakes up, the interrogation will start" Maami responded to her. She nodded and landed her eyes on Raima and Mairo.

Mairo wasn't feeling remorseful at all but a piece of her was making her feel like she had cheated on them. Raima on the other hand was tremendously ashamed to the extent that she couldn't raise her head up to look at Anty Radiya. They had such a great bond between them but now she broke that also.

"I'm so ashamed of you Mairo. Had it been someone told me that you did this I'll laugh at them in the face and deny it because of how I trust you. We took you as a family member, gave you all you wanted but I guess you didn't appreciate it at all. Anyways, even your family can betray you not to talk of an outsider"

"And you Raima..I don't even know what to say, I mean while you were planning how to destroy my family, I was over there celebrating your return, with a thought that my other daughter is back. The trust I had in you was stronger to be called trust, and you broke that too."

She walked to Mairo and asked her why she did that.
"Well,since the truth is out, there's no need to hide anything" she blurted out shamelessly. "I just wanted Ahmad to marry my daughter, and that's all" Anty Radiya didn't think twice before giving her a substantial slap on her face. Raima turned to look at Mairo with shock evident.

"What?" No one paid heed to Raima as they were all trying to calm Anty Radiya down.

"Let's not take any action. We're just waiting for Nabila to confirm" Baba spoke this time.

Hey there🤗
I hope you're having a great time as I am😇🥰
Please make me happy by voting and leaving a comment, even if it's a single word.
Let me know, what are your thoughts on this book.

Please shareeee