32// Blame Game

"Nabila" Anty Radiya whispered when she saw Nabila walking towards them. She found a spot beside Maami on the rug and sat there.

"Anty ina wuni" she greeted in Hausa which means good afternoon.
"Lafiya lau(afternoon). I'm so sorry sorry you had to go through this. I'm really sorry"

"It's okay. It's all in the past now" she smiled and greeted the rest of the people present there.

She looked at Raima with disgust, shook her head and turned to Mairo. She wanted to speak but Ama held her hand indicating she should just keep quiet and she nodded with a smile.

"Let's see what's going to happen"

**********

"Yes! I did this for my own benefit, Raima was just a pawn" Mairo spat rolling her eyes.

"You don't mean that you were using me" Raima couldn't believe her ears. That old village woman used her to get Ahmad, she fooled her! How stupid was she to believe her.

"Of course I did. I never wanted Ahmad to marry you. All I needed was for him to marry my daughter"
"Oh wow! After all the lies you told me, that you want him to get married to me blah blah blah" Raima yelled

"You're really a fool. I said all that to make you fall into my trap and you were so foolish to accept" Mairo stated with a gleeful expression.

"You think this is funny, huh?" Raima exclaimed. She was getting furious and if not for her hands were handcuffed she would have forgotten her home training and beat the hell out of Mairo.

"From what I'm seeing and hearing, Mairo planned it while Raima was used. Okay.." The policeman stated getting their attention.

"Noo not at all. We planned..we planned..this together.didn't we?" Mairo stammered looking at Raima with pleading eyes.

"When? Excuse me you were the one who gave me this idea"
"Did I force you to take it? Or did I push it into your brain?"
"Look don't irritate me. I'm already feeling despicable after what I've done" Raima looked down.

"Hey you can't deceive them. Come on, tell them who made the way clear for me to take Nabila out of this house"

"That was the only thing I did. You took her far away and even had the effrontery to hire some guards right, and when you heard the siren you ran away leaving her there. When she disappeared you wanted to put the blame on me right? Well it's over now, for you"

"No" the policeman smiled " for the both of you"

"What does that mean? I've already confessed my crime which wasn't huge at all,in fact she used me.. She was the one who made her suffer." Her eyes were already red.

"Okay then. I'll ask you three questions and you'll give me answers. They'll determine if you're guilty or not" Raima agreed immediately and waited patiently for the questions.

"Are you mentally stable?" She was puzzled. Of course she is but what kind of question is that? She replied positively and awaited the next one.

"When she gave you the offer to work with her, were you in your senses or drunk?" Raima looked at him again, she felt like insulting him but she wouldn't dare do that.
"Do I look like a drunkard?" She asked instead.

"You don't answer my question with another question" she swallowed hard and replied with a "no".

"Last one. Did you for once try to know if the victim, that is, Nabila was hurt?" She replied with "no" again.