24// Flashback

As Nabila parked her car in the garden's parking lot, she got out of the car and walked to her favorite spot, the fountain.
She looked around and noticed some changes, it has really been long since she came. It was looking much more better.

As she looked around, her eyes met a pair of eyes she never expected to see.
"Nabila what happened? Why did you run away?"
"You have no right to ask me that. It's my life I can do what I want to"
"Yes.....yes I do have a right to ask you that. We're about to get married so you are supposed to give me at least that respect..."
Nabila let out a humorless laugh before saying
"Respect you say. If you really wanted the respect then you wouldn't have told me to meet your ex"
"Oh. So this is what it's all about" Ahmad asked nonchalantly

"Look Nabila, I had no idea that she was going to come back. I just saw her all of a sudden yesterday and this morning she said that she wanted to meet you"
"Really? She appeared all of a sudden?" She asked with mockery.
"Yeah. I didn't know anything about her coming back. Since yesterday we didn't even have a meaningful conversation until this morning which was very short. I didn't even get to ask her how she....."

"Let's assume that you didn't know how she came, now you'll also tell me that you don't know that she was here to tell me about how lovey dovey you were....." She was cut off by Raima who was panting heavily due to how fast she ran in order to catch up with them.

"No....don't blame him" sighs " he doesn't know about it" sighs heavily again
"Let's have a sit and discuss" Ahmad said leading them not before earning a glare from Nabila which he didn't notice and an apologetical smile from Raima.

"I'm listening. I've got a lot of things to do" Nabila said looking at her wristwatch. She didn't have anything to do. She just wanted to leave them.

"So as I was saying, it was on the 25th of September...." Raima started as they sat down
"Would you please stop mentioning that date? Don't you know how much I despise hearing that date? It just frustrates me" Nabila yelled making both Raima and Ahmad shocked. They thought it was about Raima getting married to Ahmad on that day, but they were wrong.

"Calm down. It was in the past, it won't occur again, it is in the past, don't get worked up over it." Ahmad tried to pacify her but as he was saying the words the events started displaying in front of her

"No" she yelled pushing the table with all her might making her fall onto the floor.
She kept repeating "no" as she closed her eyes and blocked her ears with her both hands. She was sobbing hard. Ahmad was confused as to how to pacify her.

He knelt down in front of her and hugged her. He knew it wasn't right but she needed it. He couldn't watch her break down in front of him and magically, she reduced the level of crying as she was now hugging him sobbing lightly

Raima on the other hand, felt her heart divide into two but she didn't show it. She has to be strong but immediately she saw Ahmad whispering some things into Nabila's ear that made her smile a bit, she just felt warm tears running down her face

She wiped them and cleared her throat making Ahmad's attention move to her. He looked at Nabila that was now trying to fix her veil. He stood up and stretched his hand for her to accept but she declined murmuring an "I can help myself" as she stood up too

"I'm sorry if what I said caused you trouble. I didn't...... mean to hurt you" Raima said lowly. No matter the fact that she didn't like the idea of Nabila getting married to Ahmad, she wasn't that bad to make Nabila that hurt.

Nabila just gave her a curt nod as she told her to continue
"No she won't. As long as it would cause you....." Ahmad started but was cut off by Nabila
"I want to listen. Besides it doesn't matter to you whether I'm hurt or not" she rolled her eyes not looking at him.