Dix

We had twisted and turned around the mass. The whole process reminded me a bit too much of gymnastics class back in 1.

Sometimes, I was stopped by little girls holding out flowers to me. Playing my part, I kindly accepted them, placing them into my hair. By the time I had arrived to the makeover center, my hair had transformed into a garden of petunias, lilies and daisies.

In the situation that I was in now, I would have much rather looked like a crazed flower power fairy.

Rip

I winced. And I was so sure that I wasn't as hairy as the Capitol people had claimed. I shaved my legs, but that didn't stop them from applying wax strips to them.

"Much better than that tribute from 7 we got last year. She was a bear." Cleo, one of the color explosions that was taking care of my presentation, sighed in delight.

"Yes! So true!" Rita, another one, squealed. "It is such a shame that we cannot experiment. Genevieve, you would look so beautiful with cat whiskers!"

I scrunched my nose in disgust at that comment, but remained silent.

"Ladies, ladies." The last of the trio, Meeko, tutted. "I do believe we've finished. Just one more rinse and she'll perfect. Just like Ilana wants."

Ilana, the name of my stylist. Whoever they were, I just hoped they didn't go all crazy with the Capitol's idea of "beauty".

After the three very kind ladies hosed me down, and dried me, I was left sitting on a cold metal table in a paper dress, waiting for this Ilana. I observed the room I was in. It was cold and clinical. Needless to say, I was not comfortable in here.

The curtains slid open, and a woman similar to Amethyst walked in. Her color palette was not as monochromatic, but her hairstyle was as equally eccentric as our darling escort's.

She was tall, towering over me with her high, red heels. Her skin wasn't dyed, so her natural caramel tone shone through. Her hair was a soft pink, pulled into two very high pigtails. They stood up, erect from very obvious hair gel coating them. Her dress was what was most simplistic about her, a beautiful ivory, with gold trimmings. It puffed out at her thighs, making her look like an overgrown umbrella.

Her blue, electric eyes ran over my body, analyzing every inch and detail, and she finally spoke when she deemed me worthy enough of her attention, it seemed.

"Genevieve, right?" Her voice was husky, which shocked me. Her demeanor had prepared me to a voice similar to Amethyst's. But her's was scratchy and worn, not unpleasant, but definitely not honey sweet. It reminded me of my father's, like an old, lost soul.

I nodded, taking in her appearance. A smile blossomed on her face, splitting her glossed lips in half and showing her pearly white teeth. Diamonds had been embedded in them too. She reached out from behind her and started dragging a rack of dresses, outfits and accessories.

"When I first saw you up that stage, I had so many ideas. At first I wanted to deck you out in pink feathers, courtesy of the eyeshadow you wore, of course."  She winked.

I grimaced at the thought of parading around like some pink parrot. Ilana did not miss my facial expressions.

"Now don't look at me like that! I changed my vision. You're gonna love it. The whole of Panem is gonna love it."

And then she pulled out a red dress.