Vingt Sept

"I would kill to have skin like yours

"I would kill to have skin like yours." Cleo sighed as she dabbed some more color onto my lips. "I'll have to talk to my dermatologist after these Games!"

I hummed in reply. I barely got any sleep the night before, and I was about to pass out from all the hours Ilana, Amethyst and Cashmere have spent coaching me. And by coaching I meant relentlessly scolding.

"Swing your hips some more!"

"Longeerrrrr, slower steps! Extend your legs more!"

"Tilt your head back lightly when you laugh! And cover your mouth with the tip of your fingers. Don't open your mouth that wide Gen!"

"Don't be afraid to touch his arm. Flirt back a bit."

"You're batting your lashes too harshly! Gently, Gen. Like a butterfly."

Cold spoons for eye bags, people. They were a saving grace, if not for them, I would be receiving an earful from my Stylist.

I was to play the role of a sexy, cheerful beauty. Which wasn't anything a 15 year old should be able to do. Maybe a certain 17 year old blonde could have done it.

My mind automatically drifted to my best friend back in 1. She would have thrived. Whilst I knew I had the looks, I could never play them as well as Glim. She was just a natural. Next to her I was as stiff as a piece of cardboard. Maybe she could have worn that see -through gold dress Ilana had first shown me, which I vehemently denied.

I only hoped my endless hours of training would help me draw in attention.

"That dress is wonderful on her! Ilana, your clothing line is divine!" Rita was as thrilled as any other person living in the Capitol, who were all eagerly awaiting the interviews tonight. She ran her hand through my hair "admiring" the texture.

I bit the inside of my cheek, my patience running low. They had thrown me into a beautiful, single shouldered, white dress made of up of a thin, smooth, silky material; adorned with different colors of roses and other floral patterns. The fabric was layered, and fluttered gently whenever I moved. The only downside was that it was so long that I always ended up tripping on my own feet, or just slipping due to my inexperience with heels.

Most of my time spent with Amethyst was learning how to actually walk, heck, even stand in the dress.

"We're almost late, come on. She's the first one to go." Ilana moved Rita out of the way and dragged me out of the makeup chair. She touched up a few details, smoothing my hair and gingerly fixing my earrings, until she was satisfied with the final result and smiled. "All set."

I grabbed onto Iliana's arm as we made our way to the waiting room, careful not to fall flat on my face. All the other Tributes were already there and I smiled sheepishly when Clove mouthed "finally" when she saw me. She was decked out entirely in orange, highlighting her childlike build. But her eyes still remained fierce and deadly, her makeup managing to highlight her signature look.

My line of vision landed on Cato, who was by her side, and I took in the sight of him. He was in a blue, tailored suit that matched his eyes, which were, as of now, running down my body, taking in every detail. Our gaze met, and we both smiled as I made my way to him.

"Despite Cashmere's warning I could not deny my growing attraction towards the boy. He had helped me train, helped me calm down and even when he was annoying me to the point where I wanted to punch him I still just wanted to talk to him and spend more time with him.

But that was a lost cause, for there could only be one Victor.

"So, a 10?" He asked once I've reached his side. A few feet away from us was Marvel, listening to whatever Marina was animatedly chatting about. His eyes would cast sideway glances at us from time to time.

"What, surprised?" I rose an eyebrow at him challengingly. He raised his arms in mock protest.

"Not at all. Congratulations." His smirk turned into a genuine smile, which I instantly liked more.

"Thanks, you too." I replied, sincerely.

"You look amazing tonight Nini, I mean it." His tone was much softer now, and my heart started to race. This was the side of Cato that I appreciated. "You'll do great."

"I hope so." I whispered, worry laced in my words.

He reached to grab my hand, pulling me in closer to him, as he spoke gently into my ear. "I promise you, Genevieve, that everyone out there will love you." His warm palm rested on mine, comforting me.

"District 1, you're up." The Peacekeeper came up from behind me, startling the both of us.

"Yes, of course." I smiled sweetly, casting one last glance towards Cato.

"Good luck."

Thanks again @Alicia152615 for helping with this chapter! Make sure to vote and comment, and I hope you enjoy today's update!