Treize

"Cinna just had to light them on fire, didn't he? His first year and he decides to set them on FIRE! Ohhh we spent so much time on these outfits too. This is so unfair!"

Needless to say, Penny was having a fit. Ilana just stood by, but her face was somber. She had really wanted her outfits to shine tonight.

Gloss rested his hands on both Marvel's shoulders, and mine.

"Calm down, Penny. Marvel and Gen here managed to rake in a few sponsors. Quite a lot actually, I've already gotten to talk to some. You did a wonderful job."

His words definitely comforted the poor stylist, who just nodded, gripped Iliana's wrist, and dragged her away.

"Gen here was pouting the whole time." Marvel decided to add his little input.

"I did not! If anything, you looked like you were going to cry." I pointed at him accusingly. He raised his arms in mock surrender.

His face looked oh so punchable right now.

"Children, children." Cashmere tutted, wagging her finger as if she was disciplining a child. Which might just be the case. "It isn't the time to fight now. Save it for the arena"

"She's right." Gloss backed up his sister. "Besides, those two from 12 won't make it past the Bloodbath. They're just skin on bones. Especially the girl."

I tensed a bit at the mention of the Bloodbath, and now doubt Gloss felt that, as he immediately looked at me quizzically.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Alright. Let's go rest. I'm tired."

Cashmere pat my hair reassuringly. "You kids go back to your rooms and freshen up then, we'll watch the Parade together, later tonight. Gloss and I are going to talk with other Mentors and some more possible Sponsors. We'll discuss strategy tomorrow at breakfast."

My ears did not miss the hitch in her voice at the word "Sponsors". Like she was scared of them.

I could understand not wanting to talk to people who were planning on funding a children's genocide show, but something's leading me to think there's much more to it, noticing the sad look in Gloss' eyes when he glanced at his sister.

Marvel wrapped an arm around me and we both made our way towards the elevator.

"See you guys later then!"

We arrived just in time to see the doors close in our faces. But not before my brown eyes met with grey ones. Katniss Everdeen, District 12.

She gave me such a harsh and chilling stare, and I felt compelled to give her one too. But no. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of knowing she bothered me. Especially if Marvel was going to be here and witness another scene for him to tease me about.

I smiled sweetly. It might have been to sweet, but I didn't care. It caught her off guard. And that was enough for me. Then the doors shut and Marvel let out a frustrated sigh at having to wait.

She may have stolen my spotlight, but she hasn't won anything. At all.

She just had a good stylist.

But I felt like I was lying to myself.